We are seeking a software engineer to join our dedicated team of IT professionals in EBIS’s Supply Chain Management Information Services Section. The new team member will have opportunities to innovate and apply technologies across a spectrum of industry standard methodologies in procure-to pay, manufacturing, facilities and logistics business domains. We value a candidate who works independently, in collaboration with other team members and is results-oriented. We are looking for an individual who is analytical, applies excellent judgment, and has the ability to multi-task in order to optimally support the business systems needs in a timely fashion.
- Remain in regular contact with user community throughout the project to lead problem solving workshops, suggest prototypes, conduct product demos, alleviate concerns, validate requirements.
- Design, setup, develop and test business software applications and interface solutions that will be delivered into JPL’s enterprise computing system environment according to JPL/EBIS software development standards.
- Elicit and capture relevant requirements and help users discover their real business needs.
- Keep our products up-to-date and relevant by proposing improvements as business needs evolve, or as new features become available. Review, analyze and make recommendations for Oracle Patch Releases.
- Build use cases, generate user stories, test scripts and test plan.
- Analyze and resolve technical/functional production issues.
- Help and mentor team members
- Conduct or participate in software feasibility and trade studies.
- Work with cross-functional teams and business community to gain understanding of JPL’s business processes such as
- Procure-to-Pay (P2P), Inventory and Asset Lifecycle Management, and how they are configured in Oracle eBusiness Suites (on premise).
- Coordinate and communicate system upgrades, new features and changes to users and business process owners.
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following: Form personalization or custom.pll, OAF personalization, OAF extension and customization.
- Is familiar with Oracle development toolsets such as jDeveloper, Report Developer, SQL*Loader, Workflow Builder, Alerts, XML/BI Publisher.
- Understanding of software development methodologies including waterfall and agile/scrum.
- Knowledge of system design, configuration/module setup with Oracle eBS R12.2 such as Purchasing, iProcurement, Payables, Inventory, Fixed Assets, and Enterprise Asset Management
- Ability to communicate ideas, instructions, and requirements clearly and concisely; ability to tell a story.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – Ability to translate requirements into business system solutions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Has experience in one or more of the following: SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Shell Scripts, and XML
- Typically has a Bachelor degree in Computer Information systems, Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field with a minimum of 3 years of related experience or a Master degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 1 year of related experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com