This Jobsfunter Listing is about Journeys in Burlington, MA 2022
About the job
Journeys is a leader in the teen specialty retail scene, with more than 800 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys uses fashion savvy and merchandising science to keep in step with the fast-paced footwear and accessories market for 13 to 22-year-old guys and girls.
Journeys offers a wide variety of trendy, relevant brands that cater to teens that seek the hottest, new styles. However, the Journeys store is more than a retail environment — it’s an extension of the teen lifestyle. From the TVs playing exclusive content and the latest music videos, to the visual merchandising strategy and promotions, to the employees whose image and style reflect the customers’ lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in every way, an attitude you can wear!
Journeys is always looking for great people to join our team!
For more information check out: http://www.journeys.com/careers
WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- You’ll see the results of your hard work in your paycheck. Work hard, earn good money. Work harder, earn great money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Our store environment is unique
- We offer excellent benefits
To assist Store Manager and Manager In Training with recruiting, hiring, training and managing store personnel to achieve store and personal sales plan, control expenses, and to protect company assets.
Essential Job Functions
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of performance.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring of high caliber employees with in store needs.
- Assist in training and developing a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all employees.
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations in Store Manager and Manager In Training’s absence.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices in Store Manager and Manager In Training’s absence.
- Effectively communicate all store needs to Store Manager and Manager In Training
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
- Bank Deposits
- Open/Closing the store
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Journeys at www.journeys.com/careers
- Prior management experience in retail environment preferred.
- 6-12 months retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to Co-Manager position.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.*
- Age requirement for full time employment may vary based on state.
Check out the following website for more information on all our awesome benefits:
Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, physical or mental disability of otherwise qualified individuals, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or registered domestic/civil union partner status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Any applicant or employee who needs a reasonable accommodation to apply
for employment or to perform the essential functions of his or her job should email [email protected] or call (615)367-7467. Genesco’s employment practices will continue to be directed toward full utilization of all available human resources. We believe that this approach to our human resources is not only legally and morally proper, but also is an intelligent and economic business practice.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Burlington, MA
Application Deadline: N/A