Website Johnson & Johnson
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Johnson Johnson in High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Global Development and the Patient and Portfolio Solutions (PPS) team is recruiting for an Investigator & Patient Engagement, Program Team Leader. This position is located in (Titusville, Raritan, Spring House, Beerse, Leiden, High Wycombe)
Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease & vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
To transform the patient and investigator experience in Janssen clinical trials, we will overhaul our patient recruitment and retention approach to create a truly differentiated experience for our clinical trial partners, patients and investigators, that choose to participate in Janssen clinical trials. This change is meant to position our company as a leader in patient centered clinical trials.
As the Investigator & Patient Engagement, Program Team Leader, you will be responsible for developing TA and disease area aligned strategies to drive patient engagement, by leading and creating solutions that meet the needs and expectations of our patients and sites when deciding to participate in a clinical trial. You will also be responsible for driving and leading patient and investigator initiatives across the portfolio that will be enable Janssen to consistently drive increased engagement, in a compliant manner. Identifying new and innovative solutions, across multiple channels, will be essential in delivering a differentiated clinical trial experience.
The position will have direct report(s) and will have responsibility to lead team members in patient & investigator experience TA & disease area strategy development and deployment. There will be responsibility for staffing, training and developing of team members through Human Resources Planning (HRP) programs including management development and training to meet current and future business needs. Provide an environment which encourages the company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force.
Successful delivery of TA strategies
- Play a critical role in co-developing and seamlessly executing strategies, focused on increasing patient and investigator engagement
- Lead and direct a team to develop cohesive meaningful Disease Area and Program/Trial strategies, based on customer needs
- Develop a deep understanding for the patient’s network of stakeholders (the care circle) who shape and influence
- Own the therapeutic area/disease area aligned patient and investigator experience strategy, which includes the research sites as it relates to the patient experience
Develop and Leverage Key Partnerships
- Partner with our preferred supplier partners to develop cohesive, innovative strategies at the disease area or therapeutic area level, informing program and protocol solutions
- Collaborate with Director of Patient Insights and Feasibility and Advanced Analytics to establish the key insights and environmental analysis needed to inform meaningful engagement strategies
- Regularly connect with other leaders within CIE and Global Development to forecast current and emerging portfolio engagement needs
- Play a critical role strategic partnering with cross functional partners including Global Development, IPE Leadership Team, Commercial, Clinical Teams, Patient Insights, JRP and IT
- Partner with legal, medical, regulatory & HCC to ensure solutions, strategies, and tactics are compliant.
- Coaches and monitors Program Managers and Operation Recruitment Leads and managers to ensure seamless delivery and execution
- Responsible to constantly source candidates that bring industry leading capabilities to ensure Janssen is a leader in patient and investigator engagement
- Assess team capabilities and identify strengths and gaps to then leverage mentoring and training to raise the level of team performance
- Effectively utilize work pipeline to ensure ORM Flex staffing matches demand across therapeutic areas, and staff ORMs on programs/trials within own therapeutic area
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Advance and identify innovative approaches and solutions that align with the patient journey
- Be externally focused, bring stakeholder perspective into the organization, and be an expert in patients’ needs, attitudes, and behaviours and how those needs influence deliverables targeted for the patients, caregivers, research site/staff
- Leverage benchmarking across the industry to ensure the team is staying current, and more importantly, forward thinking in creating an optimal clinical trial experience
Contacts inside the company may include: Global Development, IPE Leadership Team, Commercial, Clinical Teams, Patient Insights, JRT and IT.
Partner with legal, medical, regulatory and Health Care Compliance to ensure solutions, strategies and tactics are compliant.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; MBA or other related advanced degree is preferred. A biology/scientific background is highly preferred.
- A minimum 7 years of progressive business experience, of which at least 3 years of demonstrated strategic marketing experience and proven performance is required. Experience in clinical operations is preferred
- Experience in the following critical competencies is required: Analysis, Strategy Development and Execution, Customer and Market Knowledge
- Must be innovative, proactive, and strong analytically with excellent overall business acumen. Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple opportunities with a sense of urgency.
- The demonstrated ability to think strategically is required. Must be able to operate in two worlds – big picture orientation with attention to detail
- Interpersonal flexibility. Challenges status quo. Ability to understand and adapt to different cultures and markets where needed
- Experience of successfully working in a heavily matrixed organization. Ability to influence diverse teams without direct authority is required.
- Proven personal agility, able to adapt and pivot quickly based on business need or priority
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrix and unstructured environment.
- Strong cross-functional teamwork, collaboration, and proactivity skills required.
- Effective networker. Ability to connect easily and broadly across a diverse set of people, the organization and across countries. Highly effective working in a virtual, global organization.
- Demonstrated people management experience is preferred. Experience in successfully managing teams in global functions is preferred
- Advanced communication, presentation, and facilitation skills required.
- This position may require up to 20% travel, globally
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $129,500 to $194,000.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-1125 Trenton Harbourton Road
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A