Website John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc.
This Jobsfunter Listing is about John B Sanfilippo Son Inc in Elgin, IL 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (JBSS) is seeking a Benefits Specialist for our facility in Elgin, IL. The Benefits Specialist is responsible for day-to-day administration and compliance of employee benefit plans including health, welfare, and retirement plan. This position will also be responsible for employee support, compliance, project work, invoicing, and audits.
JBSS is an $850+ million business in the on-trend and growing nut category that competes across the consumer, commercial ingredients and international channels of trade. The company produces nuts and nut-based snacks under its own brands (Fisher, Orchard Valley Harvest, Hunter Mix, and Squirrel Brand) as well as private and contracted brands. JBSS is publicly traded but is still led by the founding family and hence maintains a warm family culture.
Over the last 10 years, JBSS has transformed itself from a commodity-based nut manufacturer into a rising Consumer Packaged Goods company with growing brands. The last 3 years represent the best performance in the company’s history.
- Administers benefit programs including health, welfare, and retirement savings plans. Supports program administration and compliance.
- Responsible for the benefit enrollment process. Performs new hire orientations and follow-up, approves life event enrollments in HRIS, collects dependent documentation, assists with day-to-day questions, and performs monthly audits.
- Supports HR and employees with complex benefits inquiries.
- Assists Leave of Absence Coordinator on escalated/complex cases.
- Responsible for biweekly benefits updates for payroll (including 401k changes, benefits premium adjustments, wellness discounts, etc.) and performs payroll audits.
- Transfers integration file feeds to vendors weekly and addresses discrepancy reports. Responsible for monthly invoice allocations, payments, and audits.
- Coordinates all on-site benefits events including flu shots, wellness screenings, wellness fair, vision/dental clinics, 401k education, Medicare, etc.
- Assists with new program research, analysis, plan design, implementation, and administration. Actively participates in Benefits Committee and Investment Committee.
- Assists with maintenance of HRIS system for benefits administration and develops various analytical reports. Designs and develops benefits communication material and maintains benefits library on SharePoint and HRIS system.
- Serves as back up to Benefits Manager.
- Works on other HR projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience and education.
- Four years of related experience
- Knowledge of UKG Workforce Dimensions
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirement both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, IRS regulations, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Strong data management and interpretation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Advance Excell skills
- Fluent in Spanish (preferred, but not required)
Come join a dynamic organization!
Company: John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Elgin, IL
Application Deadline: N/A