This Jobsfunter Listing is about JLL in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
We are looking for a Part time Facilities Administrator for our Work Dynamics business line.
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
The Facilities Administrator will support the onsite Facilities Management team providing professional administrative support supporting to delivery of building operations.
Delivering administrative activities in accounting, finance, maintenance, operations, vendor oversight, purchasing of material, equipment and supplies, occupancy services and helpdesk. Ensuring the smooth running of our service whilst providing an exceptional end user experience within our client sites.
What This Job Involves
- Provide administrative support to the onsite Facilities Management team
- Support in maintaining log books and documentation relating to Health and Safety
- Deliver reporting on a monthly basis including trackers, audits, inspections and health and Safety
- Use and maintain online task system, ensuring correct data entry and providing overall system administration
- Support the facilities management team in scheduling and covering key roles
- Follow required emergency prevention and operational controls, coordinating daily and weekly schedules as required
- Maintain, organise and control all JLL central files, information, data, reports including all paperwork and filing on site
- Assist in reviewing, maintaining and building Standard Operating Procedure manuals
- Ensure compliance with JLL policies, procedures and standard practices
- Ensure prompt and accurate management of purchase orders in the internal financial management platform
- Ensure prompt resolution of any customer complaints, escalating to the line manager as required.
- Develop a close working relationship with key Client stakeholders/partners, landlord, managing agents and all of the facilities vendors
- Assist in the management of all contractors on site to ensure they perform to the required standards (including inspection of vendors’ works)
- Assist in the procurement of vendors and services as required
- Assist in financial processes to ensure that all financial management requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with the monthly accrual reports and help monitor the finance trackers
- Follow established escalation procedures and incident reporting procedures
- Provide support for regular management reports and projects as required
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have:
- You are keen to develop within the workplace, spending time supporting a multi-disciplinary team gaining knowledge and expertise
- You have experience in an administration or coordinator role providing operational support
- You work collaboratively as part of a team to solve problems with professionalism and service focused approach
- You are adept at multitasking and are able to manage multiple projects effectively
- You are open and have good communication skills
- You strive for excellence in what you do and share ideas for improvement
- You are proficient with computer equipment and programs (Word, Excel and Outlook) and have a keen interest in technology
- You keep up to date with industry trends and have direct experience or an interest in facilities management and customer service
Every day is different, and in all these activities, we’d encourage you to show your ingenuity.
Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of JLL. We believe in recruiting, retaining, rewarding and developing all our employees with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, political belief, disability or long-term health condition.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process and employment accessible to candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions. Please do feel able to be open about this at any point during the process and our recruitment team will work with you to establish the most appropriate adjustments. We are keen to support all our employees with juggling their work, personal and family commitments and alongside our approach to flexible working, we have a comprehensive parental transition support programme to assist parents during the early months and years of parenthood.
JLL Ltd is a Living Wage accredited business, as we believe a fair day’s work deserves a fair days’ pay. To find out more about our Living Wage accreditation please go here http://www.jll.co.uk/united-kingdom/en-gb/about/living-wage?devicechannel=default
What You Can Expect From Us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at [email protected]. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Entry level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A