The Airports Supervisor leads, develops and maintains strategic relationships with JetBlue Crewmembers, internal departments, and Customers; depending on the specific station, this responsibility may extend to Business Partners as well. The Supervisor serves Airports Crewmembers as well as Business Partners, when applicable, through timely coaching and mentoring, ultimately contributing to the successful development of a growing team environment. The Supervisor will collaborate and partner closely with Manager(s) in the execution of the operational strategy to ensure success of our Customer interactions, control costs, drive revenue, and uphold safety standards.
- Supports, coaches, and trains Airports Crewmembers, encourages engagement, and takes a significant role in their development and growth achievement through effective performance management and ongoing constructive formal and informal feedback.
- Obtains and stays current on Airport and/or Ground Operations qualifications, as required.
- Supports Management in the execution of the operational strategy and assumes Manager/General Manager responsibilities when they are not available.
- Briefs Airports Crewmembers and/or Business Partners prior to each shift and reports all relevant information concerning shift to Crew leader on duty, including any maintenance issues or cancellations.
- Provides exceptional service to both internal and external Customers by leading and overseeing the delivery of hospitality and JetBlue Promises, which are in-line with the high expectations Customers have for JetBlue. Responsible for resolving and handling escalated issues with Customers and/or Crewmembers.
- Strategically identifies operational challenges and implement improvements to maximize and ensure success of on-time performance initiatives.
- Accountable to senior leadership for monitoring and executing the safety and security programs at the station to ensure a safe and secure workplace for Crewmembers, Customers, Business Partners, aircraft, facilities, and ground service equipment (GSE) (where applicable) — responsible for meeting federal and local requirements.
- Directs and guides Airports Crewmembers through operational issues while coordinating efforts with all applicable stakeholders throughout the operation as well as Business Partners in order to ensure effective day-to-day collaboration and accountability.
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft office
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- Able to stand continuously up to four (4) hours at a time
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
- Must be able to use handheld radios and microphones to communicate with operations and make all terminal announcements
- Able to work with various forms of payment (cash, credit cards, travelers checks, etc)
- Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
- Supervisors overseeing Ground Operations must possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a driving record that meets JetBlue Airways’ insurance standards
- Able to travel and/or work variable hours, flexible shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and diplomacy
- Ability to perform under pressure and fixed time constraints
Qualification & Experience:
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Three (3) years of Customer service, sales, or airline experience, OR one (1) year JetBlue CEX experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org