The Software Engineer does complex design, development, testing and documentation effort of enterprise applications and services, mainly with JAVA technology stack. This role involves significant collaboration with stakeholders, driving technical architecture and implementation. The Software Engineer defines practices and supports other Software Engineer, both onshore and offshore to develop and maintain innovative, scalable applications which provide value to the business.
- Partner with other IT Managers to ensure alignment and drive efficiencies and ensure continued accountability for product and services delivery within assigned business units and across IT
- Develop code as per guidance from architecture decisions; support other engineers; Collaborate with stakeholders to define specifications and delivery project timelines; Perform code reviews to insure high quality and consistent coding practices
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions
- Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security and regulatory requirements
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
- Excellent understanding of multi-threading & concurrency in java is required.
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 35%)
- Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Familiarity with backend architectures, Micro services patterns, Object-oriented design patterns, Messaging architecture
Qualification & Experience:
- Five (5) years’ experience with JAVA technologies including Java, J2EE, Spring, SpringBoot, SpringCloud, and JDBC
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with all tasks in the development cycle such as business process definition, configuration and unit testing, assistance and follow-up with user testing, coordination of transports, production, training, post-live support and fixes, etc.
- Experience with RESTful, JSON, XML, SOAP web service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org