The Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Maintenance Manager. The Supervisor Maintenance is responsible for supervising maintenance activities and has authority to assign work functions to Lead Technicians and others assigned to duty under their supervision.
- Verifies Maintenance Technicians have received necessary training for assignment to job tasks.
- Ensures that the work turnover is completed prior to end of shift.
- Ensures that all material and appropriate equipment is provided to complete assigned tasks.
- Ensures that all delay information is entered into the M&E system prior to end of shift.
- Provides Maintenance Control with information on mechanical status of aircraft with emphasis on changes to estimated aircraft return to service time.
- Ensures that maintenance activities are performed in accordance with work issued by Maintenance Planning and in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with appropriate departments to accomplish prompt resolutions to problems that affect maintenance activity.
- Assigns Lead/Maintenance Technicians in accordance with requirements contained in work packages or as advised by Maintenance Control.
- Reviews all documentation and M&E system for completeness in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Ability to remain alert to moving vehicles and aircraft
- Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Able to drive tugs, trucks, taxi aircraft or other company equipment
- Able to crawl, bend, kneel, climb, and stoop frequently in confined spaces
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and a driving record from the state of your primary residence that meets JetBlue Airways’ insurance standards
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
- Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
- Ability to communicate effectively; in both oral and written communication
Qualification & Experience:
- Four (4) years’ experience servicing commercial aircraft in a heavy or line maintenance environment
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- One (1) year experience as a JetBlue Technician or two (2) years aviation management experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org