Website Intermountain Healthcare
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Intermountain Healthcare in Murray, UT 2022
About the job
This position is responsible for the inventory management activity for assigned departments or clinical program. It includes distribution and inventorying of supply areas to ensure the correct medical products and linen and equipment (a.k.a. ‘supplies’) are stocked and ready for clinical use.
- $1500 SIGN-ON BONUS
- Entry Rate: $16.50 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes, check them out here, see info about our PEAK educational program below
- Shift Details: Full Time- 40 hours/week, Tuesday – Saturday, 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Department: Materials Management- Intermountain Medical Center
Perks of Working for Intermountain
The PEAK Program is the following:
PEAK is an education resource provided to eligible caregivers in partnership with InStride, a global provider of enterprise education programs. Through PEAK, Intermountain offers tuition coverage up to $5,250 for more than 100 online learning options, including undergraduate studies, professional courses and certifications, high school diplomas, and English language learning. All courses included in PEAK are online.
Through PEAK, Intermountain will pay up to $5,250 of tuition up front so caregivers won’t have to worry about paying with their own money and then receiving reimbursement later.
- Performs inventory control on stock and non-stock items (e.g., sets par levels, identifies and adjusts to trends) for assigned units. Keeps supplies binned and organized. Acts as liaison between Supply Chain and assigned department, facility, or clinical program.
- Orders and delivers supplies for assigned department, facility, or clinical program using appropriate technology, systems, and suppliers.
- Processes all applicable documents (e.g., freight bill, bill of lading, packing slips, other documents relevant to receiving or shipping) according to Intermountain policy and procedure to ensure prompt and correct computer input and filing.
- Communicates information concerning supply levels, new products, standardization, and implementation to the relevant department staff. Troubleshoots issues for problem resolution.
- Restocks supplies in identified storage locations. Considers shelf life (product rotation) and the configuration and maintenance of par cart areas. Storage of supplies must meet regulatory requirements. Ensures all temperature sensitive products are stored appropriately and delivered according to manufacturer and facility policy. Accesses inventory areas to maintain and complete daily replenishment and inventory duties. Complies with the established storage and control requirements in the facility for USP labeled products.
- Monitors quantity on hand issues reconciling and solves any discrepancies.
- Utilizes the SCIS system ensuring distribution, inventory, receiving, departmental files, and reports are managed in accordance with Auditing, Accounting, and other regulatory agencies.
- Ensures compliance to policy and standard operating procedures.
- Researches and resolves SCIS related problems for assigned inventories and coordinates with appropriate stakeholders or clinical program and SCO Business Applications Team.
- Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly reports for assigned locations.
- Assists with and oversees inventory management processes (e.g., cycle counting, PDA Relief inventory process) for assigned areas.
- Supports Intermountain Healthcare’s Supplier Standards.
- Understands and applies appropriate Supply Chain standard operating procedures.
- Clean, track, and test patient mobile medical equipment
- Some roles may require certification.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and speak English clearly, follow verbal and written instructions, and understand customer communications.
- Experience using basic word processing, spreadsheets, internet, e-mail, and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring strong attention to detail, accuracy, and dependability.
- Demonstrated ability to visually inspect boxes, packing slips, computed reports, and like objects.
- Demonstrated ability to use a pallet jack and other materials handling equipment (e.g., hand truck, carts).
- Demonstrated ability to use a pallet jack and other materials handling equipment, e.g. hand truck, carts, etc.
- Some roles may require a current food handler’s permit.
- Experience in a role working with healthcare supplies.
- One year of healthcare related distribution experience.
- Accountable for the day to day management of assigned department or clinical program inventory.
Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity, climbing, lifting, walking, standing, pulling/pushing, carrying.
Intermountain Medical Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Company: Intermountain Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Murray, UT
Application Deadline: N/A