Website International Rescue Committee
This Jobsfunter Listing is about International Rescue Committee in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Requisition ID: req25259
Job Title: Client and Community Outreach Officer (Ukraine response)
Employment Category: Fixed Term until Dec 31 2022 with possibility of extension
Employment Type: Full-Time (37.5 Hours)
Location: London (remote) with local travel
Since 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Foundedat the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The International Rescue Committee UK is part of the IRC global network, which is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through over 20 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees resettle in the US and become self-sufficient.
The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
IRC UK were established in London in 1997 to support the organisation’s global activities and particularly to diversify its donor base and be able to better advocate with European policy-makers on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment IRC UK has grown rapidly and is now acknowledged for its high-quality project management, technical expertise in governance and rights and economic recovery, and innovative thinking on early recovery and gender-based violence. IRC UK comprises approximately 160 staff. The IRC UK launched its first programme in the UK last year, working in partnership with local councils, to provide integration support to resettled refugees in Southeast England and has since expanded to providing education support to teachers and is now responding to arrivals from Ukraine.
The Purpose of the Role
The Client and Community Outreach Officer will serve as a navigator for new arrivals from Ukraine with the goal of providing accurate information and referral sources to support refugees in attaining self-reliance . You will be the main point of contact for refugee clients enrolled in the project, delivering one on one and group activities.
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to Head of UK Programmes. Position works closely with the Integration Officers and Refugee Employment Specialist .
- Facilitate Orientation for Newcomers group sessions virtually and in person on everyday life in the UK for new arrivals predominately from Ukraine;
- Outreach, recruit, screen and enroll participants for project activities including the completion of individual integration self-sufficiency plans through referral and follow up with local partner staff;
- Provide regular client one on one coaching, ensure client interaction is documented and conduct follow up with clients by phone and in person;
- Research, identify and outreach to services and resources that enable clients to meet their short and long-term goals and facilitate external referrals;
- Effectively collaborate and develop relationships with external partner organisations such as local council staff, charities and diaspora groups, including attending coordination meetings responding to the needs of Ukrainian arrivals;
- Input client information in database and assist with tracking and reporting and administering assessments;
- Regularly gather client and partner feedback in order to assess programming needs and responsiveness through focus groups, key informants, surveys, etc.
- Assist with project logistics, such as setting up the training rooms or events, preparing participant materials.
- Minimum two years related professional experience working with refugees, migrants or other vulnerable populations;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, partners and clients in English and Ukrainian and/or Russian language;
- The ability to conduct workshops and learning activities in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual setting;
- Solid diplomatic and networking skills: the ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships;
- Ability to handle confidential documents and sensitive information;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, experience leading meetings or trainings via online platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype;
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
The application deadline for this role is 1 April. Interviews will take place w/c 4 April.
IRC UK strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC-UK is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees,andweseekto ensurediversityinourworkforceregardlessofgender,race,religiousbeliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
IRC UK welcomes applications from all candidates, including underrepresented groups and refugees who have the right to work in the UK.
IRC UK will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application and/or interview process, and for essential job functions if appointed to a role. Please contact us if you may need such adjustments.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the online recruitment process, please contact the IRC UK HR team at [email protected]
Company: International Rescue Committee
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A