Sitecore Developer Job in Interactive Strategies Washington, DC
Website Interactive Strategies
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Interactive Strategies in Washington, DC 2022
About the job
Are you a Sitecore hotshot? Do you enjoy collaborating with other developers to find creative solutions to technical challenges? Are you comfortable working in a small shop where everyone pitches in on everything from strategy to QA? Do you like dad jokes? You may have just found your dream job.
We’re looking for a Sitecore Developer to join our growing team and help us build comprehensive and innovative websites using Sitecore and the Experience Platform. Our ideal candidate for this role is more than just a great developer. It’s a person who is passionate about the decisions they make, motivated to deliver work on tight deadlines, and capable of bringing valuable ideas to every stage of the development process. We’re looking for someone who is willing to try new things and is not afraid to fail. The person in this position will not only collaborate with developers on our team, they’ll work directly with our clients and should be able to explain difficult concepts like a human. We also hope you’ll add to our dank memes stash on Slack.
Who are we? We’re Interactive Strategies, a well-respected digital agency in downtown Washington, DC, known for our deep strategic thinking. We work with many meaningful and high-profile clients to create integrated, comprehensive web experiences that span across channels (web, mobile and social). Innovation is at the core of everything we do, from our colleague relationships to our client work – and not just for the sake of innovation, but to elevate the end users’ experience and exceed our clients’ goals.
We all pitch in on everything around here, even loading the breakroom dishwasher. But as a Sitecore Developer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing complex websites using Sitecore CMS.
- Finding creative, elegant solutions to technical challenges.
- Meeting requirements in a variety of ways and making development decisions based on client needs.
- Conducting performance tests when developing.
- Providing rock solid estimates because you know how long something will really take.
- Integrating third party APIs into a CMS.
We care more about your talent and passion than your years of experience, but you should have:
- 3-5 years experience working with Sitecore 8, 9 or 10.
- Experience upgrading sites from Sitecore 8 or 9 to Sitecore 10.
- Sitecore Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Helix design principle is a must.
- Experience working with TDS or Unicorn or Sitecore Content Serilization.
- Some experience dabbling in front-end development and writing Sass.
- Knowledge of Solr and Coveo search. Coveo certification is a plus.
- Some knowledge of React or Angular would be helpful.
- Experience developing web applications using the Microsoft stack (SQL Server, IIS, .NET framework, ASP.NET, MVC, C#).
- Some knowledge of SXA would be helpful.
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile, Lean, and Waterfall development methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) with VSTS, TeamCity, Atlassian or similar.
- You must have complete and ready-to-share code samples from tasks you fought (and won!).
- Prior consulting and/or Digital Agency experience preferred
Qualities you bring to the table…
- Strategic. You understand that comprehensive digital experiences are rooted in deep research and a thoughtful strategy.
- Creative. You’re a problem solver who can produce elegant solutions to technical challenges that wow our clients.
- Intuitive. You’re someone with that uncanny ability to always think one step ahead and see where the world is headed.
- Confident. You’re friendly, professional and poised, whether you’re brainstorming with our team, running meetings or making client presentations.
- Passionate. You love what you do, give everything you’ve got and are continually seeking ways to grow in your craft.
- Friendly. You work well with the team and appreciate feedback. You contribute ideas in a positive manner. You’re also a great listener.
We have a simple motto when it comes to company culture, “Everyone deserves to come to work and be happy.” This means a few things: (1) we care as much about quality as we do about budgets, (2) we find the strengths in each employee and nurture them, (3) we encourage a culture that values innovation and creative freedom, and (4) we want you to have fun while you’re at the office. We may be an agency, but we understand that you have a life outside of work.
We allow our employees creative freedom. We treat them with respect. We value their opinions. In that spirit, we offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Company-paid health, vision and dental insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Profit sharing
- 3+ weeks of vacation/sick time from day one; 4+ weeks after year 3
- 2 additional days of personal leave
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- New business referral bonus
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Pre-tax DC Metro SmartBenefits
Company: Interactive Strategies
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: N/A