This Jobsfunter Listing is about Informa in Colchester, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Informa is a leading business intelligence, events, and academic publishing business operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy.
Our leading brands and expert teams create intelligence-based products and data-driven services, convene communities in person and digitally and provide access to cutting-edge research for customers working in specialist markets, worldwide.
We are listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, operating in more than 30 countries and employing over 11,000 people globally.
Informa’s divisions include:
- Informa Connect, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge.
- Informa Intelligence, providing digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge.
- Informa Markets, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.
- Informa Tech, a division bringing specialism in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
- Taylor & Francis, specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
- Global Support is Informa’s sixth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa’s operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
The purpose of the role is to collect all monies owing to Informa within collections policies and procedures to ensure that collection targets are met and to also collect
monies owing from customers who have exceeded credit limits or terms to minimise bad debts.
You must be able to maintain a caring, efficient, knowledgeable and effective interface with customers and colleagues at all times, resolve customer queries
and collect payments within credit terms whilst maintaining and enhancing hard won customer relationships.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
The Credit Control Specialist is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
• Ensuring customer portal is highlighted to customers when contacted
• Responsible for collecting all monies owing to Informa within credit control policies and procedures to ensure
that collection targets are met
• Collect monies owing from customers who have exceeded credit limits or terms to minimise bad debts
• Build close internal and external relationships with Sales and customers
• Responsible for ensuring all customer contact notes are entered and updated into SAP or appropriate system
• Manage the outstanding sales balances falling due and contact customers to obtain payment before the event start date if applicable to your division
• To resolve queries in a timely fashion and collect aged debt with a view to minimising bad debt provision
• Manage simple disputes and escalate complex disputes to the Team Leader
• To achieve the monthly cash collection targets set for your specific section of accounts
• Responsible for looking after any unallocated cash items sitting on your set of accounts and work with the Cash Application team to have the monies applied if you are able to gain the appropriate back up from the customer.
• Responsible for providing weekly reports to the Business detailing current levels of debt if applicable for your division
• Provide/complete necessary documentation to customers to ensure the payment can be processed (vendor request forms, W9, W8, residency forms, tax exempt certificates, withholding tax certificates, etc.)
- Good knowledge and understanding of customer operations processes
- Knowledge of best practice in customer service operations
- A good knowledge of SAP system preferable
- Recognised qualification preferable
Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
- Remain approachable under pressure
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
- Work as part of a team
- Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
- Pro-actively solve problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to be flexible within role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday and another for raising money for charity!
- Bonus leave for getting married and moving house
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, mentoring and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Informa’s colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Colchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A