This Jobsfunter Listing is about Informa in Colchester, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa’s divisions include:
Informa Connect, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge.
Informa Intelligence, providing digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge.
Informa Markets, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.
Informa Tech, a division bringing specialism in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
Taylor & Francis, specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Global Support is Informa’s sixth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa’s operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
The purpose of the Cash Applications Specialist role is to ensure the timely and accurate allocation of monies to customer accounts.
This role requires excellent communication, meticulous attention to detail and practical skills
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to. You must also ensure that duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
Informa takes the security and privacy of company, colleague and customer data seriously and you are responsible for working securely and supporting this within your duties.
The Cash Applications Specialist is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
• Process bank statements and update matching rules within the system when applicable
• Input and process daily cash receipts from statements, cheques and credit cards
• Performing standard cash allocations
• Reconcile associated General Ledger
• Reconcile SAP, bank postings and MCAS daily where appropriate
• Action refund payments by appropriate method
• Prepare bank reconciliations for all bank accounts controlled by the SSC
• Investigation and resolution of all reconciling items identified in the reconciliation process
• Prepare reconciliations for all credit card and petty cash balance sheet accounts where applicable
• Prepare reporting on cash movements to assist cash-flow analysis where applicable
• Preliminary Investigation and resolution of unidentified and unapplied payments
• Allocation of such unallocated payments to appropriate systems
• Allocation and reconciliation of funds pertaining to Agent Order Files (SSC Specific)
• Liaison with internal and external customers
• Resolution of queries from both internal and external customers
• Preparation of reporting credit balances (SSC Specific)
· General duty of care to colleagues
· Work collaboratively across teams/businesses
· Act as a role model to others
· Provide help and a buddy system to other members of the team depending upon your level (SSC Specific)
Skills & Abilities
· Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
· Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
· Remain approachable under pressure
· Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
· Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
· Work as part of a team
· Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
· Pro-actively solve problems
· Excellent Customer Service skills
· Good time management skills
· Ability to be flexible within role
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Knowledge & Qualifications
Good administration skills.
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday and another for raising money for charity!
- Bonus leave for getting married and moving house
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, mentoring and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Informa’s colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Colchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A