Website Imperial College London
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Imperial College London in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
The Head of Student Data and Returns is responsible for leading Imperial’s student-related statutory returns processes (including HESA/data futures processes) and student management information capability. As part of the Registry, you will be a key leader during a period of transition and transformational change, which includes the embedding of a new student information management system. You will lead the Student External Returns Team through this period of significant change, as well as provide recommendations and support to senior staff to enable Imperial to transition smoothly to the HESA Data Futures requirements. In addition, you will lead work to provide a range of management information about our students to stakeholders across the College, working with colleagues in a range of teams and academic departments.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will have oversight of the accurate and timely submission of student data external returns, including those to HESA, OfS and GMC, and other regulatory bodies.
- You will be identifying and making solution recommendations for business process gaps required to support student related HESA requirements, including Data Futures.
- Working with stakeholders across the College you will manage the development of a suite of reports to support the provision of high-quality student and curriculum management information.
- Working with data owners you will support and facilitate the management of student data integrity in the student information management system.
- Abilities commensurate with a first degree or equivalent educational experience
- Experience of working in a student record management or strategic planning setting in a Higher Education Institution
- Experience of managing the compilation of statutory and regulatory student and funding external returns, including the student data returns to HESA and HEFCE/OfS
- Experience of engaging key internal stakeholders in the requirements of effective and robust student data management
- Extensive working knowledge of student-based external returns to statutory and regulatory bodies such as HESA and their significance to HEIs
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of UK Higher Education policy environment
- An ability to work effectively with staff and teams at all levels of an institution and empathy with stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Change management skills to support the definition and implementation of new business processes.
- Ability to lead and manage projects with a track record in eliciting co-operation from busy colleagues to meet deadlines and targets
- Strong staff management skills and experience of leading a team
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Phil Power (Director of Student Administration) – [email protected]
It is anticipated that first round interviews will be held w/c 27 June or w/c 4 July.
Company: Imperial College London
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A