This Jobsfunter Listing is about Impala in European Union 2022
About the job
We’re thrilled that you’re interested in the Engineering Manager role at Impala.
We’re on a mission to change the travel industry for the better – rebuilding its infrastructure from the ground up. This is a huge task that requires the brightest minds from travel, tech and beyond.
Our platform and APIs are breaking down the old walls of bad tech, slow integration and high costs that have held back the travel industry. And it’s not just our product that’s innovative: we’ve built a high-performance environment that’s attracting the sharpest talent and empowering people to do their life’s work. We’ve been remote-first from the beginning, with unique tools, benefits and cultural hallmarks – so you can work the way that’s best for you.
We’re proud to be Tempo’s number 4 in London’s best startups to work at in 2022 , one of Otta’s 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021, and featured in Sifted’s Top European Startups in 2021 . With backing from the investors behind the likes of Monzo, Airbnb and Deliveroo, and a product that’s attracting global attention, now’s the time to join Impala if you’re looking for a role at the forefront of reimagining a multi-trillion dollar industry.
About the role:
- As engineering manager and team lead, you will be accountable for the effectiveness of your team and personal development of the developers.
- You will be technical and hands-on, a key technology leader in team. You will share responsibility for the security, reliability and quality of a set of services.
- You will ideate, develop and iterate new features alongside a product manager, enabling our technology partners to add value to hotels and travellers .
- You will work directly with internal stakeholders; part and parcel of working in an autonomous, metric-driven development team.
Check in with us if this sounds like you:
- Have experience leading a development team and managing or mentoring others.
- You feel comfortable working closely with product managers, designers and other stakeholders.
- Are extremely collaborative, Impala’s engineering team is not political, everyone has great ideas and should be open to input. We have no space for brilliant jerks.
- Arepassionate about customer experience and building high-quality maintainable software that looks and works fantastically.
- You share a passion for the highest-quality code and won’t settle for anything less.
- Thrive on excellence, autonomy and questioning conventional wisdom.
We’re not the right fit if…
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You prefer structure and being told what to do.
- Our mission is to reimagine the infrastructure that powers travel, and that means shaking up a $1.6 trillion industry that’s crying out for change. You could be part of that journey.
- #4 best startup to work for in London according to headhunter Tempo. One of 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021 says recruitment firm Otta.
- We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. It’s a must-have, not a nice-to-have.
- Call it David vs Goliath. We love that our product challenges the status quo and can give a leg-up to smaller players.
- Our talent is far flung, yet closely connected. Our work environment offers flexibility and a far better work-life balance.
- Remote-first since 2017 – and proud. As one of the OG’s in this field, our approach is centred around making work work for you.
- We’re growing fast, so you can chart your own career path here – the sky’s the limit.
- Our eye-opening benefits and statutory leave package is first-class.
- Click here to find out more about our culture, and here to find out more about our benefits.
More on Remote-first
We like to shout about our remote-first way of working. That’s because it goes to the very heart of who we are: it means we can attract the best talent, no matter where people are based – and allow them to set their own terms so they can do their best work. It allows us to prioritise work-life balance and mental health, while fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: European Union
Application Deadline: N/A