Senior .Net/Angular Engineer (Remote/Hybrid Available) vacancy in IHS Markit United States
Website IHS Markit
This Jobsfunter Listing is about IHS Markit in United States 2022
About the job
Summary of how this role will operate — 80% work, 10% technical debt, 10% learning.
You will report to the Lead Principal Engineer on the team and help lead the team on the technical side of the SDLC. This includes enforcement of best practices, architecture design and selecting the correct technologies to build our products with. You will help mentor and lead our junior engineers via paired programming/mobbing as needed. This team will not have any delegated QA positions, all testing is the responsibility of the engineers via implementation of shift-left testing strategies and canary deployments. We also want to build your resume while your build our products, so Friday afternoons are dedicated to learning! This position will require a personality that is enthusiastic, humble, and excited about trying new technologies to be successful on the team.
- Experience in programming using an OOP language (C#, .NET Framework).
- Can demonstrate strong knowledge of OOP concepts
- Solid Angular.io development skills (includes unit testing and TS development)
- Advocate the appropriate use of technology and provide leadership in balancing technical elegance with functional requirements and practical benefits as we implement and integrate technologies.
- Improve and maintain continuous delivery methodologies including the writing, and integration of Unit, Functional, Contract, and Canary deployment strategies.
- Serve as mentor and lead teammates to promote knowledge sharing and communication across product development teams.
- Excellent business judgement: know how to prioritize when to collaborate and when to seek assistance.
Nice To Haves
- Ability to work with a wide variety of programing languages with a proficient understanding of dotnet (C#) that includes:
- Knowing how to write “Clean Code”
- Knowledge of SOLID principals.
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Cloud experience with deploying and integrating cloud native applications with AWS.
- Engineering GitOps infrastructure & maintaining ArgoCD deployments.
- Build and configure Azure DevOps pipelines for CI and CD processes.
- Knowledge in adopting/implementing a “shift-left” testing strategy.
- Existing experience with container runtimes and container management systems such as Kubernetes & Helm.
- Experience developing software for high volume data ingestion using messaging queue technologies such as Kafka.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Completion of bootcamp
- Equivalent experience (4 years)
- Competitive base salary and bonus plans.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $95,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Confident in being able to explain & demonstrate the “Must Haves” criteria listed above.
About IHS Markit
At IHS Markit, we are building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future so they can determine the best course of action in the present. We are disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team to explore and push the boundaries of digital transformation technologies.
Our development team architects and designs high-availability, scalable, and fault tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy-to-maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The developers on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
Education (any of the below)
What We Offer
#Remote or #Hybrid
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccpegs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Company: IHS Markit
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A