Website IFC International Finance Corporation
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under IFC International Finance Corporation in الرباط-سلا-زمور-زعير الرباط المغرب 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
Job #: req20287 Organization: IFC Sector: Operations Grade: GF Term Duration: 3 years 0 months Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment Location: Rabat,Morocco Required Language(s): English Preferred Language(s): French Closing Date: 12/15/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The Financial Institutions Group (FIG), one of IFC’s largest industry departments, is responsible for a significant portion of IFC’s business volume, profitability and development reach. FIG has three main objectives: 1) financial inclusion 2) servicing the real economy and 3) mobilizing third-party resources. To achieve these objectives, FIG invests in numerous financial subsectors and strengthens financial institutions across the region through Advisory Services (AS). The FIG AS program in Africa closely coordinated with investment operations and helps banks across the region to build or improve their operations across several focus areas: Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (including Gender Finance and Non-Financial Services); Digital Financial Services; Risk Management; Microfinance; Agri-finance; and Climate & Sustainable Finance.
FIG Advisory Services in Africa is seeking to recruit a highly-motivated Associate/Operations Officer with technical experience and a demonstrated interest in development finance to support its banking advisory engagements in the region. The position will be based in Rabat.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Associate/Operations Officer will be responsible for managing banking advisory engagements in the region and helping the FIG AS team expand its client base in Africa. He/she should be capable of delivering substantial and measurable results related to global banking practices, especially those related to increasing access to banking services for SMEs. He/she will also support the knowledge and learning agenda for banking in partnership with the relevant global teams, especially SME Banking and Digital Financial Services, and will be expected to contribute to tools and standards that are disseminated globally.
The Associate/Operations Officer should have extensive experience in Commercial Banking or related consulting services and be familiar with designing, implementing and managing banking advisory programs. He/she will have a deep understanding and practical experience working with key banking operations and have strong capabilities in data management and analytics.
The Associate/Operations Officer would play an instrumental role in helping FIG AS deliver its targets, especially those related to signing new projects, client cash fees committed, effective project delivery and management and contributing to the AS team’s knowledge management initiatives. His/her specific responsibilities in each of these areas are as follows.
- Lead/organize business development missions through market analyses and meetings with existing and potential clients to identify potential areas of support. Work closely with IFC investment teams where required, including pipeline identification and participation in client due diligence, where there is potential for advisory support
- Prepare advisory pitch books and project proposals that include project objectives, scope of work, key deliverables, timelines, and budget with input from the client and relevant IFC staff (e.g specialists, investment team, IFC country teams)
- Negotiate with clients on cash fees and contribute to FIG cash fee and client spend targets
- Handle internal processes, including drafting project concept notes and obtaining internal approval
- Draft donor proposals and secure funding for project that are donor-funded
Project Implementation and Quality Assurance
- Lead and manage the implementation of multi-stakeholder and multi-dimensional projects, including specialists, team management, deliverables monitoring and review, results evaluation and reporting, on-going project updates including internal documents, consultant contract management, client invoicing
- Effectively staff the project team jointly with the technical leads by assigning internal staff, identifying and recruiting consultants and/or firms
- Have overall responsibility for project management as the Project Lead, including scope of work definition, timeline and budget setting, outcome target setting, stakeholder negotiation, Terms of Reference development and resource mobilization including procurement of experts and coordination or project teams with the support of the technical leads.
- Manage client relations through open and regular communications to assess satisfaction and anticipate and respond to client needs
- Oversee the preparation and drafting of internal and external project documents and reports e.g., project documents, legal agreements, mission reports, project supervision documents, project completion documents; ensure the collation of the required indicators
- Maintain oversight on budget and spending, including collection of cash contributions
- Lead the development, design, and dissemination of new tools that strengthen IFC’s delivery of the FIG value proposition
- Monitor and review project implementation, scope of work and resources deployed, to ensure project qualitative and quantitative milestones are achieved, and corrective actions taken when necessary
- Meet with clients on a regular basis to assess project progress; continually anticipate and respond to client needs to ensure client satisfaction
- Supervise consultant work jointly with technical lead to ensure high quality and on-time delivery of work program
- Assume responsibility for all other project-related administration required by IFC, e.g. internal portfolio reviews, project updates for donors
- Identify new product areas and develop and disseminate tools that strengthen IFC’s ability deliver banking advisory projects.
- Contribute to research and knowledge management events and publications.
- Perform analysis of client-related data and information to derive insights.
- Acquire and actively share information on FIG Advisory products within IFC.
- A Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, International Development or related fields
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in the financial sector at least 4 of which should be in commercial banking or with a digital financial service provider.
- Knowledge of the financial and banking sector or digital financial services in emerging markets; experience in multiple markets is highly desirable
- Experience in project design preparation, implementation and monitoring of technical assistance projects
- Strong client relationship management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain mutually beneficial stakeholder relationships with senior management and ensure timely and appropriate follow-up
- Ability to work independently and effectively within a team
- Strong numerical and analytical skills; understanding of financial/portfolio indicators, budgeting and financial projections
- Strong computer skills (particularly Microsoft tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint); experience with data management and analysis packages would be a plus
- Strong data analysis and management skills, e.g. client portfolio analysis, collecting and managing big data
- Excellent written and oral communication in English is required. French is desired.
- Ability to work in teams and respond flexibly to changing demands; ability to juggle multiple tasks and respond well to time pressure
- Solid people management and organizational skills
- Good team-focused attitude, strong sense of accountability and capacity to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment and work independently within tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel frequently and at short notice.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Company: IFC International Finance Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: الرباط-سلا-زمور-زعير الرباط المغرب
Application Deadline: N/A