Website Hyatt Hotels Corporation
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Hyatt Hotels Corporation in Greenville, SC
About the job
We are looking for an Executive Housekeeping supervisor to join our World class team at the Hyatt Regency, Downtown Greenville and provide excellent customer service to our hotel guests! An Executive Housekeeping supervisor s is to assure ensure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for product cleanliness.
If you’re interesting in kickstarting your career in the hotel industry, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will ensure a pleasant and comfortable experience for our guests during their stay with us.
Directly or indirectly supervises associates and/or supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing AURO Hotels professionally with our guests and assuring that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understands and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for associates and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, gets medical attention if necessary and contacts the GM or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hotel by maintaining an organized and efficient Housekeeping operation
- Prepares work schedules in accordance with forecasted occupancy
- Supervises the day to day activities of housekeeping staff
- Maintains familiarity with cleaning equipment; fills out requisition orders as necessary
- Oversees and conducts inspections of Public Space for efficiency and cleanliness
- Insures public space meets and exceeds customer expectations for the appearance of the hotel
- Conducts department training on a regular basis
- Provides staff with the skills training to provide value added service to customers
- Monitors service and teamwork on a regular basis and counsels associates as needed
- Insures that guest rooms are within the standards of AURO and franchise hotels
- Inspects all guest rooms each quarter; checks “In” house or “Stay-over Rooms” as necessary
- Writes maintenance orders as needed. Conducts inventories as assigned.
- Checks linen closets and carts for cleanliness and supplies
- Trains associates on proper cleaning techniques
- Uses 100 point inspection to ensure quality of rooms by inspecting rooms following cleaning by housekeepers
- Insures that all associates follow safety rules and procedures. Takes corrective action where required to improve safety of work areas
- Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize associate productivity and satisfaction of direct reports
- Determines, communicates, and monitors achievement of standards of performance on a timely basis
- Maintains proper linen pars, chemicals, and amenity inventories
- Recommends purchases of products; remaining within budget
- Coordinates housekeeping work with other departments; Front Office, Engineering, Banquets, etc.
- Confers closely with the Executive Housekeeper at all times and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the hotel in order to assist wherever required
- Coordinates staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance
Other Duties And Responsibilities
- Complies with Company Standards of Service as outlined for AURO Hotels.
- Projects a favorable image of AURO Hotels to the public at all times.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Treats guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
- Completes Departmental, AURO Hotels and Brand standards training as assigned.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License (anyone driving a Company vehicle or required to drive as a part of their job); Others required by Brand Standard and/or State Law.
As required by Brand Standard and Company standards
Ability to speak effectively with customers and/or associates. Ability to write clearly and legibly.
Able to perform basic to complex math problems.
Ability to solve basic problems and/or know when it is necessary to get a manager to assist in problem solving.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the associate may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate is occasionally required to talk and/or hear. The associate is frequently required to lift up to 40 pounds. While performing the duties of this job the associate is constantly required to use hands and fingers to handle or lift items. The associate is constantly required to stand and walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. The associate is also constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to determining the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
This position is at a location where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this location.
Company: Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Greenville, SC
Application Deadline: N/A