Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under HSBC in Bristol,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
Senior Compliance Manager – Insurance
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As a Senior Compliance Manager you’ll lead a team and provide Regulatory Compliance advice, support and challenge to an innovative Insurance product manufacturer. You’ll have the unique opportunity to work and collaborate with senior stakeholders up to Executive level. From day one, you’ll join a small, skilled team working on interesting and varied projects whilst being exposed to the larger HSBC organisation.
Regulatory Compliance ensures adherence to applicable regulations and standards by setting the policies which cover HSBC’s regulatory requirements, and mitigate conduct and reputational risk issues. The team strives to remain ahead of the regulatory change agenda and ensures the business understands the implications and is prepared for change. It monitors how the insurance business manage their responsibilities with regard to complying with the regulations and helps resolve compliance issues.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Compliance Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Provide clear advice and clarification to the business with respect to existing and new regulatory requirements as well as UK and Global Compliance policies.
- Responsible for compliance support on individual business growth projects and implementing regulatory change; for example, Consumer Duty.
- Deputise for the Head of Compliance at Governance Forums
- Support the Head of Compliance to contribute to regular Compliance and Management Information reports, including Board reporting and the Annual Compliance Plan.
- Continually reassess the regulatory risk inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions and regulatory requirements, adherence to internal guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Support less experienced colleagues to develop and achieve their potential
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Significant Regulatory Compliance experience, gained through Regulatory Risk or Compliance activities within large complex organisation.
- Well-developed understanding of the FCA regulations applicable to an insurance business and associated products.
- Experience working with Insurance business models, products and services and the associated regulatory risks and challenges, or on comparable financial services products, for example investments, pensions etc. Experience with Employee Benefits Schemes would be advantageous but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to a wider, sometimes non-technical audience.
- Strong team player, comfortable working with stakeholders of various levels and the ability to adapt your communication style accordingly.
- Ideally hold a relevant Compliance qualification/certification such as an International Compliance Association diploma. However, those who do not have these qualifications are still encouraged to apply as you may be supported in obtaining them.
The base location for this role is: Bristol or Fareham / Hybrid working available, with the long term expectation of 2-3 days in an office.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 2078328500
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A