Website Howden M&A
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Howden MA in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Handle M&A claims across several jurisdictions including policy advice to clients and internal stakeholders, reporting to head of M&A Claims and supervising junior team members.
Duties & responsibilities
Autonomously administer clients’ claims in accordance with the relevant Company and/or Group policies to achieve targets, develop the business and deliver an excellent and comprehensive service
· Review and respond to incoming enquiries from clients, insurers and third parties
· Review and prepare notifications, manage the claims process, consider coverage and deal with settlements
· Negotiate with markets to achieve the best outcome for the client
· Create comprehensive and accurate documents detailing claim facts and coverage issues
· Ensure up to date records are maintained at all times on the Company systems and ensure are filed correctly across all internal systems
· Develop strong relationships with markets
· Advise on policy wording improvements based on insurance law and claims experience
· Record key claims statistics, compile statistical reports and communicate claims trends and developments.
· Prepare and assist with preparation of marketing documents
· Prepare and assist with internal training on claims and insurance law
· Complete accurate claims administration tasks internally and on CLASS/ECF and delegate where appropriate
· Ensure compliance with all applicable Group and/or Company policies and procedures
· Ensure correct authorisation is obtained and processes followed when required by the Group and/or Company policies and procedures
· Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
· Ensure that personal performance, HR and T&C records are up to date and meet the Group’s and/or Company’s requirements
· Maintain accurate records and deal with correspondence appropriately
· Keep informed of all legal and regulatory developments relevant to the Company
· Share information that could be beneficial to the Company
Skills and abilities needed to perform the role
· Strong interpersonal skills – confident and able to create a positive impression
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Provide timely and accurate advice on policy cover, including interaction with sale and purchase agreement
· Customer service skills – provide internal and external advice on claims and policy wording issues
· Ability to work effectively within a team, supervise others and follow instructions.
· Attention to detail with ability to produce accurate documentation and to file documents appropriately
· Prioritisation and organisational skills – able to demonstrate flexibility in relation to working hours when required and is able to produce a high quality of work within short deadlines to meet client demands. Can effectively determine own work priorities.
· Attention to detail – takes a pride in their work and produces work, which is accurate, and error free.
· Self-motivated and proactive – is able to anticipate issues and rectify these on behalf of their manager/team
· Internal Networking skills – understands the organisation and where to find answerselevant resources.
· Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Global XB and ECF helpful, but not essential.
· Able to undertake and demonstrate competence in technical training, as required by the industry regulator
Knowledge and Experience
· Thorough understanding of the general principles of UK insurance and contract law
· Basic technical knowledge of the details of FCA regulations as they pertain to insurance intermediaries.
· Insurance solicitor preferred with financial lines claims experience, preferably completed secondment if not already part of claims team
· Prefer solicitor 5 – 10 years PQE but will consider experienced claims handler
Company: Howden M&A
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A