Website HKN Energy
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under HKN Energy in Erbil, Erbil Governorate, Iraq 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
Junior Well Services Engineer
HKN Erbil Warehouse and Workshop / HKN Field Locations, Sarsang Block
Well Services Operations Coordinator
December 12, 2022
HKN Energy Ltd. is a privately held, independent energy company with oil exploration and production operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI).
HKN Energy is focused on increasing production of its Sarsang Block, located in the prolific Zagros fold, and thrust belt of Northern Kurdistan. We have a highly experienced, diverse team with work experience in over 80 different countries. HKN Energy is committed to building a company culture that is guided by its Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, and Teamwork.
The Junior Well Services Engineer will support the Well Services Department with various duties.
Primary duties are the maintenance and management of the HKN-purchased downhole memory
gauges. 50 gauges require consistent and dedicated attention. Other duties will be added related
to managing completion equipment and being the main document controller for all of the test
records generated by numerous operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Junior Well Services Engineer is responsible for maintaining both downhole and surface data
- acquisition and completion of equipment. Ensuring the equipment is ready and available for HKN
- operations to the standard required. This includes keeping all history and maintenance records up to
- Properly maintaining company-supplied tooling while being fully responsible for maintaining an orderly work area.
- Establishment and management of necessary systems and procedures while adhering to the site-specific QA and HSE requirements.
- Assisting the Well Services Supervisors with going to 3rd party vendors and performing QAQC on all equipment prior to it being delivered to our well sites.
- Assisting the Completions Supervisor in witnessing the making up and testing of completion assemblies, pup joints, etc. prior to load out to the well site.
- Collate all shop and field maintenance records and ensure they are logged and filed according to the company’s requirements.
- Must be fluent in both written and speaking in Kurdish and English languages.
- 3 or more years of oil Industry experience in Kurdistan, preferably with experience as a workshop technician responsible for the disassembly, maintenance, assembly, and testing of both downhole and surface oilfield equipment.
- Experience with maintenance and calibration of downhole memory gauges.
- Electromechanical aptitude with the ability to read/write schematics, blueprints, and assembly instructions.
- Experience and knowledge of well testing, data acquisition, downhole gauges completions, or well services operations a considerable advantage.
- Good organizational and communication skills, high standards of quality and care in finished products, and detail oriented.
- A good understanding of MS Office applications and Business management systems.
Company: HKN Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Erbil, Erbil Governorate, Iraq
Application Deadline: N/A