Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Hilton in Dubai,Dubai,UnitedArabEmirates 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
A Purchasing Supervisor will supervise the purchase of goods and materials required by the hotel in adherence to policy and with cost reduction and profitability in mind.
What will I be doing?
As Purchasing Supervisor , you will supervise the purchase of goods and materials required by the hotel in adherence to policy and with cost reduction and profitability in mind. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with the purchasing of all goods and equipment required by the hotel
- Supervise the purchase of correct goods and materials at a competitive price and proper quantities/volumes
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with regularly report on goods purchased and inventory levels so to allow for more effective future purchasing
- Report all monthly savings to the hotel Team
- Work with hotel management to improve the purchasing process as a way to reduce waste and improve profitability
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel areas
- Attend finance meetings, as required
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
- Serve your role and Team in an environmentally-conscience manner
What are we looking for?
A Purchasing Supervisor serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a high volume Accounts function
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Passion for providing an exceptional customer service experience
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience with the Birchstreet and the PeopleSoft system
- Relevant degree, in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai M Square Hotel & Residences
Doubletree by Hilton
Housing, Transport, Additional benefits as per company policy
Supply Management, Procurement, Purchasing, and Receiving
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai,Dubai,UnitedArabEmirates
Application Deadline: N/A