Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Hilton in Dubai,Dubai,UnitedArabEmirates 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
About The Role
We are now recruiting a Deputy Head of Early Years (FS-Year 2) to join the team. The post holder will be responsible for supporting the schools Vision and Mission as well as all policies, academic standards and pastoral support in Early Years.
The successful applicant will deputize for the Head of EYFS as required and assist in shaping & implementing the educational strategy for the school.
Key responsibilities include supporting the Head of EYFS with :
- Embracing and encouraging the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Ensuring high academic standards in the EYFS section in relation to the schools own desire for all students to be the best they can as well as a commitment to the UAE National Agenda targets.
- Managing budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
- Leading the EYFS team –including performance management.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
- An effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in sustained school improvement that can be demonstrated through hard data.
- Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
- Able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff and promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning
- Experienced in developing teacher’s skills and competencies through a sustained school improvement model such as coaching.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of best practice pedagogy.
- Able to demonstrate a desire to be innovative and creative in the provision offered for CIS learners to ensure all can succeed.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to inclusion
- Able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
The successful applicant will be:
- A fully certified teacher, holding a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
- Passionate about providing outstanding teaching and learning
- Highly experienced in National Curriculum for England
- Efficient in people development and have proven leadership and communication abilities
We know that when it comes to being a great place to work, it helps to make sure our people feel valued; GEMS prides itself on providing staff with the opportunity to grow and develop within the Organization. You will be able to access and contribute to our world class Professional Development and Leadership Programs as well as work with our internationally recognized GEMS advisors who are leading experts in their field.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.
About The School
We are always looking for great teachers. My name is Lachlan MacKinnon the CEO/Principal of Cambridge International School. Before any school can become great you need to put in the necessary work to build a world-class culture. We pride ourselves in having a school where staff and students come to school and feel safe, have a sense of belonging, are treated with respect and have the right to learn and flourish. They are in a school where we build people that care, where we are united in purpose, were everyone matters, where everyone succeeds and no one is left behind. We are a learning organisation where everybody sees the common purpose in creating a vision together of a better school that is infinite in its thinking. We are a community of collaborative professionals who are committed to learning from each other in order to improve student outcomes. Where our collective professionalism creates deep dialogue or even heated debate about the best ways to support our students. There are some outstanding schools that you could apply to. However, besides having an outstanding culture, let me outline a few other points of interest. Cambridge International School is one of the oldest schools trusted since 1983, years of stability and a strong track record of outstanding results, being one of the oldest schools in Dubai and the GEMS organisation. We have on average an extremely low turnover of staff, 5% on average compared the UAE school average of 25%. We produce the highest number of teacher leaders in the GEMS network that go on to leading their own departments or schools. If you want to be an outstanding practioner or have aspirations to be a leader, this is the place it will happen. However, I am not going to sugar coat it for you, we do not accept medocracy. It involves hard work, passion, commitment and perseverance. If you want to be an outstanding teacher, if you want to be an outstanding leader in a safe environment where staff efficacy and staff voice is our guide and inspiration. This is the place for you. If this is what you are looking for then Cambridge is the school for you, so contact us and let us know you are there.
To learn more please visit http://www.gemscis-dubai.com/
About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application.
To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
- Passport-size photograph
In line with the UAE’s Emiratisation goals, GEMS welcomes and encourages applications from UAE nationals to join our fast-growing team.
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.
Data Officer – Immediate Start
Manager – School Operations (MSO)
Parent Relations Executive (PRE)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai,Dubai,UnitedArabEmirates
Application Deadline: N/A