Website Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence in North Kingstown, RI 2022
About the job
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking an Automation Applications Engineer for our North Kingstown, location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Automation Applications Engineer will be part of a high energy and dynamic team within Hexagon. This team provides technical sales and customer support for applications of Hexagon Automation products that are utilized by the world’s leading manufacturers. These applications implement Hexagon dimensional equipment – Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM), Structure Light and Laser Tracker sensors – in automated environments that include Robots, Gantry systems, and AGV/AMR solutions As a member of the Hexagon Automation team you will be a key team member Working on both pre and post sales activity. This activity include working with customers and sales engineers conducting application discovery sessions, creating scope specifications, quoting and managing programming and metrology related tasks, along with performing product training. Fundamentally ensuring our customers success with the implementation of Hexagon’s automation solutions. Successful candidates will be passionate and inquisitive, striving to understand both Hexagon core technology, industrial automation, and customers processes to help deliver a superior solution. This roll is varied and requires some travel. Training will be provided dependent on candidate experience although the candidate should be competent in a number of the requirements below.
- Provide product demonstrations of our hardware and software to prospective clients.
- Effectively communicate benefits of Hexagon’s products for complex metrology applications
- Assist regional sales team, provide product recommendations for customers’ applications
- Consult with customers to determine hardware, software, or system specification requirements.
- Must be able to perform the most complex product demonstrations with limited guidance.
- Develop, prepare and conduct training classes to customers in machine operations and programming (usually in groups of 2-6 people)
- Create training programs and tools to meet customer’s needs
- Foster participation and relationships with our customers through effective interaction
- Ability to teach the highest-level training classes.
- Prepare detailed technical specifications for quotations
- Create programs ranging from simple inspection to complicated logic based graphical user interfaces based on customer specifications.
- Design, develop, document, and create applications programs based on customer specifications.
- Must be able to manage programming and turnkey projects with limited guidance.
- Technical Support
- Provide technical support to our customers both onsite and by phone
- Take a challenging issue from problem statement through to resolution and follow-up. Be the issue owner calling on other hexagon restores for help
- Assist engineering and marketing groups in new product development from inception through release
- Assists in the integration of Robotics Systems and their controller software with CMM’s and other Measuring Equipment i.e. Trackers, SLS sensors, etc.
- High level knowledge of PLC’s for use in automation cells with CMM’s, Robots, Pallet Changers, etc.
- Expertise with multiple systems and sensors.
- Experience in Metrology Software desirable
- Experience with GD&T desirable
- Knowledge of GR&R methods & Statistical Process Control desirable
- Knowledge of fixture design desirable
- Must self-manage and self-motivate.
- Must mentor less experienced Applications Engineers.
- Must be willing and able to assume short term supervisory duties as required.
- Responsible for participation as directed in continuous improvement projects that positively affect safety, quality, and/or productivity, or other process improvements as identified by management.
- Supports organizational policies related to safety, environmental protection, housekeeping, etc. within area of responsibility.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes and products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2 + years of experience in industrial integration
- Proficiency in robotics and robot programming
- Understanding of PLC Programming
- Understanding of field bus technology preferred
- Understanding of industrial vision technology preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a metrology support role desirable
- Knowledgeable in mechanical, electrical, computer and/or software desirable
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through and questioning skills
- Excellent customer service and outstanding telephone skills
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, self-motivated, and someone who likes a team environment
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Works under close direction as well as in a team environment
- Knowledge of programing languages (C#, etc.) would be an advantage
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant.
Company: Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: North Kingstown, RI
Application Deadline: N/A