Website Herbert Smith Freehills
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Herbert Smith Freehills in Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
International Legal Development Programme (“ILDP”)
At Herbert Smith Freehills, we are always looking for talented law graduates to join our Alternative Legal Services (ALT) team in Johannesburg.
The ILDP is an 18-month programme that will offer legal graduates the opportunity to gain employment and work experience through a structured learning and development programme. Training will use a blended approach, including on-the-job learning,
classroom based training, e-Learning and individual study.
Throughout the programme, you will gain exposure to complex matters for global clients and become familiar with market-leading technology and innovative processes. This unique opportunity will provide you with valuable experience and a stronger CV, therefore increasing your prospects of securing a Candidate Attorney position, or another role in the legal sector, in the future.
Legal Analysts are part of our Alternative Legal Services team, working closely with Managers, Senior Lawyers, Lawyers and Trainees across our international network.
* Conducting document review, due diligence and other fee-earning work as required
* Providing general support to the ALT Management team in the Johannesburg office
* Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant areas of law to the Alternative Legal Services practice
* Ensuring compliance with financial disciplines on matters
Commitment to the ILDP:
As participants of the ILDP, Legal Analysts will also be expected to:
* Attend, participate in and complete all learning and development modules
* Apply the learning in their day-to-day roles
* Complete and keep up to date their personal learning log
* Support the performance and effectiveness of colleagues joining the programme as part of further cohorts by transferring knowledge and skills
The closing date is 5.00pm (SAST) on Friday 16th September 2022.
- Law graduate – (LLB or equivalent) and/or a post-graduate (LLM or equivalent) qualification. Applications are welcome from undergraduates who expect to obtain this in advance of the programme starting in February 2023.
- Ability to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence
- Excellent attention to detail; aims to get it right first time
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude for learning (and becoming proficient in) the use of software and IT applications, and using software tools intelligently to navigate large databases/document management systems
- All applicants must be eligible to work in South Africa at the time of application and for the duration of the programme.
- Successful candidates must be available for the programme start date in February 2023 until August 2024.
- Please note if you have applied for the Respond Legal Analyst Fixed Term Contract and completed the technical test within the last six months, you will not be eligible to re-apply at this time.
- Due to the nature of the programme we are unable to accept applications from individuals who have previously completed articles.
ALT Global Competencies
Successful Legal Analysts, when performing at their best, will demonstrate the competencies described below. Candidates will be assessed against these competencies during the selection process:
Herbert Smith Freehills’ pioneering global Alternative Legal Services business harnesses the firm’s key legal and client technology expertise around the world to offer cost-efficient legal products and technology services for clients. The South African practice launched in June 2015, bringing together the key parts of our Alternative Legal Services offering to create a global team of over 350 lawyers, legal analysts and technologists.
The team works seamlessly and 24/7 from offices in Belfast, London, Shanghai, Johannesburg, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane, under one trusted legal services provider brand. The business offers all clients globally a range of alternative legal services which include document review, regulatory claims assessment, due diligence, verification, commercial contracts, repapering, specialist funds work, asset management for real estate clients and eDiscovery and client data technology services (including advisory and document review software).
Alternative Legal Services utilises leading technology to support high-volume matters such as disputes and investigations. As international leaders in multiple fields of law, we advise some of the world’s most fluential organisations, undertake pioneering work on the biggest cases and deals and develop innovative approaches on international pro bono and citizenship initiatives. But whether it is the work we are doing or how we are doing it, we are continually redefining what the future of law will be.
Company: Herbert Smith Freehills
Vacancy Type: Contract
Job Location: Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A