This Jobsfunter Listing is about HEB in Austin, TX 2022
About the job
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 420+ stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 145,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while providing superior customer service. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As an Hourly Department Manager, you’ll oversee Partners and day-to-day direction and coordination of a Store’s Bakery, Drugstore, or Grocery Department. You’ll coach on and foster the highest levels of customer service, execute merchandising programs, and monitor / be held accountable for the department’s financial performance
Once you’re eligible, you’ll become an Owner in the company, so we’re looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. ‘Partner-owned’ means our most important resources–People–drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do You Have a
HEART FOR PEOPLE… commitment to work hard to make sure your Customers and Partners come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS… the know-how to combine first-class customer service and merchandising / selling?
PASSION FOR RESULTS… ability to meet sales goals in a fast-paced environment, while handling multiple concurrent tasks?
We Are Looking For
- School of Retail Management (SORM)
- leadership / management skills
What is the work?
Performs some or all of the following, depending on assigned Department
- Spends the majority of time using independent judgment making employment-related and business decisions, or effectively recommending such decisions, including product- and department-related strategies, hiring, promoting, disciplining, suspending, discharging, rewarding, or otherwise engaging in resolving Partner-related matters
- Assists department Partners with their duties; coaches / trains, / evaluates as needed
- Develops / trains Partners in SORM, SORL programs and / or future department leads
- Holds Partners accountable for following SOPs
- Prepares work schedules, orders product, controls inventory, monitors department budget and payroll
- Completes / distributes all required reports and paperwork so accounting statements accurately reflect departmental performance
- Maintains contact with Partners at all levels involved in department-related processes (e.g., Warehouse, distribution, SRS Team)
- Complies with SOPs and department / Loss Prevention procedures to minimize shrink and residual inventory
- Ensures in-stock conditions, and wareroom and inventory control
- Executes daily processes to ensure optimum use of SRS (perpetual inventory system)
- Plans / analyzes / builds / maintains required displays based on planned display program (PDP) and displays online (DOL); maintains plan-o-gram integrity, if applicable
- Establishes ordering guidelines for vendor products; maintains vendor relationships
Merchandising / Sales
- Executes merchandising programs; drives sales by merchandising appropriate variety and quantity of products daily
- Plans / coordinates / communicates corporate and Merchandising marketing plans
- Manages new-item implementation effectively to maximize sales and gross profits
- Plans accurate product quantities on promotional and seasonal items; plans seasonal changeovers
- Monitors / accountable for the department’s financial performance
- Monitors financial records and inventory levels to help maximize sales, profit, and meet metrics and budget goals
- Uses appropriate H-E-B systems to determine the best opportunities to drive sales
- Maintains the highest levels of customer service through personal example, SOP compliance, and accountability
Food Safety / Sanitation
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and H-E-B regulations, policies, and standards for product / food safety and sanitation
What is your background?
- 1+ years of experience in retail management
- School of Retail Management (SORM)
- Completion of Store / department training (e.g., forklift / power jack)
- Food Safety certification
- SRS certification
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B [Hourly] Department Manager?
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Advanced verbal / written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership / management skills
- Organization and planning skills; attention to detail
- Computer skills, including MS Office and H-E-B systems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between projects / tasks
- Ability to adapt to stressful situations, manage change, and give productive feedback
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Function in a fast-paced, retail environment
- Work extended hours and rotating schedules, including nights and weekends
- Safely maneuver around moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places
- Stand, walk, bend, reach, kneel, squat, reach overhead and side-to-side during shift
- Occasionally* work in a cooler / extremely cold environment
- Occasionally lift 50 lbs
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 50 lbs, and manage in excess of 50 lbs**
- While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as–Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 – 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 – 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
- It is Partners’ responsibility to never lift beyond their own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Austin, TX
Application Deadline: N/A