This Jobsfunter Listing is about HEB in Corpus Christi, TX 2022
About the job
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 110,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
To be the Greatest Retailing Company, H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while providing superior customer service. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As an Assistant Store Director, you will support Store Leaders by providing primary daytime / mid-shift coverage and manage closing coverage. You will provide direct oversight of auxiliary departmental functions and services, including the Cash Office, Service Co., Facilities, and Customer Champions.
Once you’re eligible, you’ll become an Owner in the company, so we’re looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. ‘Partner-owned’ means our most important resources–People–drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do You Have a
HEART FOR PEOPLE… the commitment to make your Customers and Partners feel appreciated, respected, and needed?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS… a desire to Lead in a fast-paced, hands-on environment?
PASSION FOR RESULTS… the know-how to surpass sales goals while putting People first?
We Are Looking For
- School of Retail Leadership (SORL) training
- excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- an ability to solve problems involving few concrete variables
What is the work?
Management / Leadership
- Spends the majority of time using independent judgment in making employment-related and business decisions, or effectively recommend such decisions including but not limited to product and department related strategies, hiring, promoting, disciplining, suspending, discharging, rewarding or otherwise engage in resolving Partner-related matters
- Leads Partners to maintain the best store conditions for sanitation and safety
- Ensures performance management for all direct reports
- Communicates new initiatives; ensures implementation and execution of programs
- Provides direction, guidance, and advice to ensure others complete assignments
- Accountable for the business operations of the Gas Station, Cash Office, Business Center, and maintenance areas
- Conducts audits to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and H-E-B regulations and standards
- Conducts audits to ensure that standards of product freshness, food safety, and sanitation are met
- Ensures facility and equipment are properly maintained and in good repair to ensure product integrity and Partner safety
- Manages Store sundry account
- Oversees the management / order of store wrap and supplies
- Oversees Store claims and damages
- Identifies shrink opportunities
- Uses financial analysis to evaluate the costs and benefits of ideas and recommendations
- Handles customer complaints
- Works with Department Managers to ensure needs of the business are met
What is your background?
- School of Retail Leadership (SORL) Training (or proven track record w/ several years of management experience with VP and HR approval)
- Forklift / power jack training
Do you have what it takes to be an H-E-B Operations Leader / Assistant Store Director?
- Understanding of product integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical, organization, and planning skills
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel) and H-E-B Systems
- Ability to prioritize, and handle multiple tasks and stressful situations
- Ability to proficiently communicate verbally / in writing to Partners at all levels
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of Partners or customers
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Value diversity
- Function in a fast-paced retail environment which requires detailed work and precision
- Exposure to moderate noise level in the work environment
- Lift and carry 40-60 pounds on a regular basis
- Stand, walk, bend, reach, kneel, squat, reach overheard and side-to-side throughout shift
- Work customers, being attentive to their needs, yet maintaining composure in high-stress situations
- Work extended hours and varying work schedule as dictated by the business
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Application Deadline: N/A