Austin 23 Bakery – Cake Decorator – Part-Time Positions in H-E-B Austin, TX
This Jobsfunter Listing is about HEB in Austin, TX 2022
About the job
H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while making our Customers feel welcome. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Cake Decorator, you’ll apply proper decorating techniques and maintain quality of products by following guidelines. You’ll prepare, package, and merchandise fresh product on a daily basis, while maintaining all department and food safety / sanitation standards.
Once you’re eligible, you’ll become an Owner in the company, so we’re looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. ‘Partner-owned’ means our most important resources–People–drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do You Have a
HEART FOR PEOPLE… commitment to work hard to make sure Customers and Partners come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS… a strong sense of how what you do affects our Customers and our success?
PASSION FOR RESULTS… initiative to step up and do what needs doing?
We Are Looking For
- a high school diploma
- bakery experience
- communication and interpersonal skills
What is the work?
- Provides superior customer service
- Takes cake orders from customers by telephone or in person, with a high level of accuracy
- Answers customer questions regarding products; assists them with selections
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to meet customer needs and build department sales
- Applies proper decorating techniques for each item, according to visual training aids (VTAs) to produce quality cakes and pastries
- Writes on cakes with icing on request
- Reads / executes daily production list through cake flow
- Ensures quality control of all products before sending to sales floor per VTAs
- Ensures cake product reaches the showcase and tables at prescribed times
- Prepares, packages, and merchandises fresh product effectively
- Slices, packages, labels, and rotates products
- Records production and shrink to aid in production planning
- Maintains sanitation in work area
- Complies with H-E-B food safety and sanitation standards
- Complies with department / Store operating procedures
- Operates / maintains all equipment properly
What is your background?
- Minimum age 18 (mandatory)
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- 1+ years of experience
- Completion of Company Orientation, safety training, and eCommerce Online Ordering training upon hire
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Cake Decorator?
- Knowledge of computer systems and equipment (e.g., PC, symbol, scales, label machine)
- Strong customer service skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Reading and writing skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Function in a fast-paced, retail environment, in detailed and precise tasks
- Work with Customers, staying attentive to their needs
- Constantly* stand, reach at waist, grasp
- Occasionally walk, reach at overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, stair climb, pivot, twist, arm push / pull, pinch, utilize fine motor skills
- Occasionally be exposed to wet, cold, hot conditions, and loud noise
- Demonstrate the ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Demonstrate the ability to manage in excess of 25 lbs**
- While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as–Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 – 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 – 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
- It is Partners’ responsibility to never lift beyond their own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.
H-E-B Job Title
Mar 31, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Associate
Job Location: Austin, TX
Application Deadline: N/A