This Jobsfunter Listing is about HEB in Plano, TX 2022
About the job
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 110,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while providing superior customer service. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Grocery Manager, you’ll ensure efficient operations of the Grocery Department to meet business goals and Customer needs.
Once you’re eligible, you’ll become an Owner in the company, so we’re looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. ‘Partner-owned’ means our most important resources–People–drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do You Have a
HEART FOR PEOPLE… commitment to work hard to make sure your Customers and Partners come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS… the know-how to combine first-class customer service and merchandising / selling?
PASSION FOR RESULTS… ability to handle stressful situations in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment?
We Are Looking For
- experience in retail management
- advanced interpersonal and communication skills
- leadership skills to build, motivate, and maintain Department staff
What is the work?
- Spends majority of time using independent judgment making employment-related and business decisions, or effectively recommending such decisions, including product- and department-related strategies, hiring, promoting, disciplining, suspending, discharging, rewarding, or otherwise engaging in resolving Partner-related matters
- Manages department workflow and schedules to attain 100% completion of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Uses department best practices and H-E-B SOPs to achieve department budget and metrics
- Assists Customers in finding product and with special requests
- Maintains contact with Partners at all levels in the organization involved in processes that touch the department (e.g., Warehouse, Distribution, SRS Team, etc.)
- Ensures in-stock conditions, Wareroom, and inventory control
- Executes daily process responsibilities to ensure optimum utilization of perpetual inventory system (SRS)
- Completes / distributes required reports and paperwork so accounting statements accurately reflect department performance
- Uses Grocery SOPs and department procedures to minimize shrink
- Maintains positive vendor relationships
- Trains SORM / SORL trainees
Sales / Analytics
- Manages new-item implementation effectively to maximize sales and gross profit opportunities
- Responsible for large product assortment and increased sales volume
- Applies / models an increased level of knowledge of specialty products
- Plans / analyzes / builds / maintains required displays based on PDP and ordered via Displays on Line (DOL)
- Researches / analyzes potential or existing process breakdowns; works with necessary Partners to identify / solve problems
Food Safety / Sanitation
- Ensures compliance with government / H-E-B regulations and standards for product freshness, safety, refrigeration, and sanitation
What is your background?
- School of Retail Management (SORM) or
- 3+ years of experience in retail management
- SRS Certification
- Food Safety certification
- Completion of required Department training; forklift / power jack training
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Grocery Manager?
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel) and H-E-B systems
- Advanced interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills to build, motivate, and maintain staff
- Organization and planning skills; attention to detail
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to delegate
- Function in a fast-paced retail environment (required)
- Lift and carry 75 lbs on a regular basis up to 500 feet in distance (required)
- Stand, walk, bend, reach, kneel, squat, and reach overhead and side to side throughout shift (required)
- Perform movements that require hand / finger dexterity (required)
- Safely maneuver around moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places (required)
- Work in a cooler environment on a regular basis, and in an extreme cold environment on an occasional basis (required)
- Work a flexible schedule, including opening, closing, and weekend shifts (required)
- Be exposed to moderate noise levels (rarely exposed to extreme noise) (required)
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Plano, TX
Application Deadline: N/A