Surgical Tech Job in HCA Healthcare Austin, TX
Website HCA Healthcare
This Jobsfunter Listing is about HCA Healthcare in Austin, TX 2022
About the job
Up to $5,000 Sign-On Bonus for New Hires!Introduction
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Surgical Tech opening with Bailey Square Surgical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Bailey Square Surgical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn More About Employee Benefits
We are seeking a(an) Surgical Tech for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary And Qualifications
As a Certified Surgical Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with a defined scope of practice within the operating room. This may include: direct patient care and observation, scrubbing and assisting the surgeon at the operative field, surgical room turnover between cases, collection and recording of pertinent clinical data in the medical record and consistent collaboration with the Registered Nurse in clinical decision making.
What You Will Do In This Role
- Demonstrate necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with the Association of Surgical Technologists
- Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
- Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
- Assist in the turnover of the operating room suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces
- Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, “pulling cases” accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available
Qualifications You Will Need
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program (preferred)
- Surgical Tech Certification
- One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center)
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment ***Online certification not acceptable
Bailey Square Surgery Center is the states’ first freestanding ambulatory surgery center. Bailey Square Surgery Center was founded in 1973. We have led the way in developing a safe, high-quality substitute to in-patient hospitalization. The center has eleven operating rooms. We provide ENT, GYN, Ophthalmology, Dental, Orthopedic, Plastics, Colorectal, Endoscopy, and Podiatry services. Our parent company is HCA Healthcare. We provide excellent care daily to every patient with a spirit of warmth, friendliness and personal pride.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Company: HCA Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Austin, TX
Application Deadline: N/A