Website Hawaiian Airlines
The Manager, Operations orchestrates and directly oversees the daily operation under the direction of the General Manager. Leads and directs Airport Operations employees in all matters concerning operations, ensuring service standards are exceeded.
- Resolve employee issues escalated by Leads and Chiefs; manage compliance and regulatory reporting and associated follow-up with employees, including conducting and supporting investigations, on-the-job injuries and drug and alcohol testing and related follow up
- Manage daily planning and scheduling of people, equipment and resources and resolve questions and conflicts; set and communicate approach for resolving large-scale irregular operations, such as delayed flights, severe weather, natural disasters, etc.
- Provide counseling, discipline, support and advocacy for all airport operations staff and identify and propose solutions to challenges facing front-line employees
- Manage relationships with other Operations Managers, with supervisors in other company divisions and with airport staff to ensure successful coordination of day-to-day airport operations work
- Ensure airport operations functions operate at maximum productivity and efficiency and that airport operations tools and equipment are in proper working condition
- Communicate to all front-line employees and ensure they maintain working knowledge of policies, procedures and service standards as well as the use of standard tools and systems; ensures policies and procedures are adhered to and enforced while maintaining the highest level of safety and customer service standards
- Must be detail oriented with a proven ability to proactively manage a complex departmental budget.
- Must ensure that accountability measures are effectively maintained and that follow up on actionable items are done in a timely manner
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Must become GSC (Ground Security Coordinator) qualified within 6 months of starting/transferring into position. Will not be able to perform any GSC duties until properly qualified
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple projects
- Must be able to travel when required, and be flexible in working various shifts, and be on call and available to support irregular operations (i.e. flight delays/cancellations)
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work professionally and productively with all levels of employees in various departments.
- Must possess and demonstrate core values such as mutual respect, personal integrity, and honesty.
- Must be flexible and adapt well to change
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- 1 year of supervisory or management experience
Company: Hawaiian Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org