McKesson Global Procurement and Sourcing is seeking a Director, Private Label Cost Management and Business Intelligence (BI) to lead cost strategy and other critical product management responsibilities for a growing portfolio of private label generic pharmaceuticals. The role holder will lead and develop a team which will utilize decision support models, data science, and tools to scale the business and improve efficiency, while maintaining close alignment across business partners. This position requires a high degree of comfort in working with large data sets as well as attention to detail in creating and executing strong SOP’s and processes including cost negotiations. She/he is also responsible for competitive analyses and liaising with support functions critical for enterprise success. The role is based in Cork, Ireland or London, UK, and reports to the SVP, Private Label Generics.
- Advises the global supplier management program for the category including risk, performance, relationship, and supplier development pillars with collective input from the individual market sourcing managers.
- Responsible for the management, and performance of sourcing strategies for associated categories, to meet business goals and objectives. Manage the assessment and development of strategic suppliers to meet cost and performance goals.
- Serves as key liaison with Government Price Reporting team.
- Oversees key aspects of product pricing strategy including proposal of key pricing benchmarks and registration with pharmaceutical compendia agencies.
- Coaches stakeholders to ensure consistent execution of the global supplier management program.
- Works close with Finance and Accounting teams to supports budgeting, forecasting, and planning activities, including trending and variance analyses and intercompany support.
- Ensures successful outcomes to negotiations with internal stakeholders and key suppliers.
- Analytical Rigor: ability to bring structure to ill-defined problems and intellectual leadership to problem solving; synthesize insights from analysis and ensure credible, actionable recommendations
- Financial Acumen: understanding of financial modeling and experience with financial planning, budgeting and capital allocation in the context of strategic planning, price management to maximize shareholder value
- Communications Skills: ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively while challenging the status quo
- Strategic Thinking: evaluating industry trends, developing long-term implications and recommending pragmatic strategies for new business opportunities and developing business plans with a strong pro forma
Qualification & Experience:
- Leadership: Experience in building and motivating teams and working effectively in a matrix organization
- 10 years’+ work experience within product or cost management, business intelligence and analytics, business development or strategy ideally within the broader healthcare or pharmaceutical manufacturing industries or relevant industry experience
- Bachelors’ degree. MBA preferred, but not essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, GB
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org