Website Haas F Team
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Haas F Team in Banbury,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
When you join a team that never sits still, that’s hungry to make F1 history with every weld, every code, and every email we write, you will find yourself completely immersed in your role. To meet the challenges of competing in the highest class of international motor racing, you’ll help us innovate new ways of getting our team to the top.
Haas F1 is unique on and off the grid, and our most important resource, our soul, is our people, that’s just one reason why you can have so much of an impact here. Every member of our team is a full contributor to our results on the track, no matter which department or country you work in. At Haas F1 you’ll be involved in many different areas of the team, an assortment of projects and plenty of hands-on experience while collaborating with some of the best minds in the world. Yes, you’ll learn from us, but we expect to learn from you too!
Join our team and make your passion your profession!
Reports to the Purchasing Manager or their designee. Proactively ensures best practices are adopted and followed at all times. Ensures the timely delivery of quality parts within budget
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Follow purchasing guidelines, policies and procedures, continually challenging cost, quality and lead time.
- Support the Purchasing Manager in ensuring individual tasks are completed in line with programme requirements.
- Be able to compile agreements with external partners ready for internal submission and review within Haas F1 and ensure subsequent adherence to these agreements by both parties.
- Responsible for supporting the project management of vendor supplied projects that may require cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience to foresee potential quality and delivery risks, with the knowledge to implement corrective actions.
- Possess the relevant engineering skills to be able to determine appropriate supplier selection, be able to competently understand the manufacturing process(es) and negotiate costs.
- Confidence to feedback to engineering any changes which could reduce the cost and/or improve the quality of supply without negatively effecting the engineering function of the part.
- Skills to audit a vendors capability, capacity and sustainability and the mindset to look outside the existing motorsport community for the best solution.
- Ability to offer multiple supply options and select the optimum solution per situation.
- Develop and maintains relationships with parts vendors to obtain and purchase parts.
- Responsible for invoice queries and liaising with the finance department to ensure resolution.
- Be competent in negotiating terms and conditions ready for internal submission and review.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment and products.
- Works directly and indirectly with all levels of management in the competition, shop and administrative departments.
- Follows and enforces safety program in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities delegated by the Purchasing Manager or their designee.
Education And Work Experience
- High School education or equivalent required.
- Typically requires 3 years of procurement or parts department experience, with an emphasis on overseeing inventory and ordering parts.
- Experience in the motorsports industry would be advantageous.
- Experience in an international/global environment desired.
Specialized Knowledge And Skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Have an excellent understanding of composite and machined part manufacture
- Work to a consistently high standard in stressful and time sensitive situations.
- Quick decision-making skills whilst working through problems in a scientific and analytical way.
- Work well within a team environment with personnel at all levels.
- Be able to operate with an uncompromising attitude to accuracy of delivery information and high quality of delivery parts.
- Be able to approach obstacles with a constructive and ‘can do’ attitude
Equipment and Applications: Microsoft Office 365 suite of office products, particularly Excel and Power BI
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Dassault Systems – 3D Experience
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft Teams
Work Environment Physical Demands
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
Haas F1 team’s benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways we embrace hybrid working and core hours. No matter where you work at Haas F1, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources, get support with your fitness goals by working with our fitness instructors, physios and attending Yoga classes all held in our onsite gym. We offer everyone at Haas F1 the chance to share in the team’s success, being the only team on the grid that offers a race results bonus as well as an end of year constructor’s championship bonus.
You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Haas F1, such as our family days where we invite you and your family to spend quality time with our team, the drivers and the cars.
At Haas F1, Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion are fundamental of who we are. Our commitment to these ethics is steadfast and this promise travels with us wherever we are in the world. They are central to our mission and to our impact on the F1 Circuit. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas to solve the complex problems of a changing and increasingly diverse world.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of Haas F1 Team are required to be security cleared to National Security Vetting standards. If successful in your application, we would support you with the NSV process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the Civil Aviation Authority National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Security/Vetting/National-security-vetting/
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.
Company: Haas F Team
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Banbury,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A