This Jobsfunter Listing is about Grubhub in New York, NY 2022
About the job
About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, deeply analytical and highly driven Analyst to join our Merchant Growth team. The Merchant Growth team is responsible for driving long-term order growth via our network of supply (restaurants, stores, etc…). In this role, you will be responsible for continuously digging into trends and defining opportunities to drive our restaurant optimization investment strategy. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Merchant Growth and works closely with senior leaders across departments. We are looking for a data-driven person with operational experience who knows how to move quickly, work cross-functionally, take smart risks and leverage insights to drive outcomes.
The Impact You Will Make
- Leverage large, potentially messy data sets to derive insights which business, functional and product leaders can leverage to capitalize on key areas of opportunity
- Design & execute well-crafted experiments that enable well reasoned & analytically sound decisions to be made quickly and at scale
- Identify key business drivers, partner with product and data teams, and develop high-impact executive-facing dashboards to drive progress against key metrics
- Deeply understand key business metrics, becoming accountable for tracking and analysis of performance indicators
We are a lean team. To succeed in this role, you must operate with an ownership mindset and be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-changing environment.
What You Bring To The Table
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role, preferably within consulting or tech
- Approaches work like an owner. You can be handed a tough problem with limited context, ask smart questions and move things forward with little additional direction.
- Obstacles are problems to be solved and overcome, not a reason to delay progress. You will need to figure out how to get things done with incomplete data, lack of resources and objectives which shift as you learn.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to dive-deep, summarize, and clearly communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment (think 80/20)
- Ability to develop cross-functional relationships and communicate with senior leadership
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
- SQL and Tableau strongly preferred, Python for bonus points
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: “2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected].
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A