Website Goose Island Beer Company
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Goose Island Beer Company in Chicago, IL 2022
About the job
When you join our team, you’re contributing to our dream of a more open-minded world connected through beer. At Goose Island Beer Company, it’s our mission to brew beers worthy of conversations, debates and celebrations. It’s our people and our culture that help us achieve that. Together, we roll up our sleeves, we make big plans, and we do it right or make it right. Since our beginning in 1988, Goose Island made a commitment to Chicago to be a leader in the community. We’ve had the privilege and opportunity to expand outside of our neighborhood over the years. If you have the grit to stand behind community, creativity, and making great beer, we encourage you to apply. We hope to toast a few pints with you soon.
The Brewer position at Goose Island is responsible day to day operations in the Brewhouse. This includes but is not limited to wort and beer production, barrel aging, dry hopping and sanitation. This is an entry level, full time position at the Fulton Street Brewery and is a perfect position for someone with some brewing experience looking to take the next step in their brewing career.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Safety is our number one priority and led by our employees.
- Helps fellow brewers work toward and champions a safety-first culture
- Responsible for the safety of oneself and others, required to audit area/tasks for safety compliance and communicate with EHS manager to ensure compliance to company and OSHA policies
- Quality is the name of the game, and we champion quality throughout all brewing operations.
- Responsible for producing quality wort and beer which adhere to our specs and schedule
- Ensures proper CIP and sanitation practices to maintain general area cleanliness and prevent contamination issues
- Operations is the meat of the job for the brewer.
- Adheres to all schedules, makes adjustments when needed and follows all process controls for wort and beer production
- Promptly reports deviations from product specifications or SOPs and makes sure all daily paperwork is completed properly
- Troubleshoots issues, finds root causes, implements effective solutions and escalates problems when needed
- Maintains cleanliness and order throughout the brewery while adhering to existing SOPs and sanitation requirements
- Daily interaction with other operations departments including lab, packaging and maintenance
- People are our biggest resource.
- Must be comfortable working within a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Attendance at all applicable brewing, safety, environmental, taste panel, sensory meetings and trainings
- Seeks opportunities for personal and professional development
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a brewing environment, certification from recognized brewing school preferred
- Strong enthusiasm and passion for all things brewing and beer related
- Must be willing to work varying and flexible shifts including overnights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Thorough understanding of the brewing process and brewing quality control
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and time management skills while multitasking, adapting to changes, working well under pressure and managing multiple competing demands
- Experience with OBeer, Microsoft Office, Smartsheets is preferred
- Forklift and scissor lift experience is preferred
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds, frequently bend and maneuver around tight/confined spaces.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift (8-12 hours)
- Must be able to perform strenuous work in a non-temperature controlled environment
GOOSE ISLAND BREWERY
United States-Illinois-Chicago-Goose Island Beer Company
Oct 15, 2021
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Company: Goose Island Beer Company
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A