This Jobsfunter Listing is about Goodwin in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,600 lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
Goodwin Secretaries support a team of fast-paced lawyers in a busy, exciting environment. Goodwin have recently hired their first Antitrust Partner in London, and are working on building out the rest of the team. An exciting opportunity has therefore arisen for an experienced Antitrust Secretary to join the firm and support this growing team.
What You’ll Do
- Client Service: Managing communications as requested with regards to answering the phone, taking messages, responding to emails, setting up video conferences etc.
- Document Preparation: Preparing materials such as properly formatted legal papers, filings and submissions to competition authorities, correspondence, minutes and general forms. Reading and proof reading documents prior to distribution. Printing, scanning, organising and distributing documents upon request.
- Time Entry/Billing: Inputs team members’ time entries on a daily basis. Opens new client and/or matter numbers and performs conflict checks; demands prebill selection of monthly bills for attorney review; makes appropriate transfers, write-offs, and corrections; applies retainers, on account fees, and on account disbursements for third-party billings; handles special billing requests from clients; maintains billing files; receives, copies, files and submits client checks to Accounting Department; prepares client audit reports; acts as a liaison with the Accounting Department on past due receivables.
- Scheduling: Schedules appointments, including meetings, conferences, video conferences and hearings. Reserving conference rooms when necessary. Maintaining and tracking schedules and calendars for all attorneys.
- Travel: Arranges domestic and international travel: flights, trains, hotels, taxis, currency, and liaising with the in-house travel provider, as required.
- Expenses/Invoices: Processes and manages all expenses and invoices, liaising with the accounting team when required.
- Mail: Reviews, prioritises, and routes incoming mail. Prepares outgoing mail, including organising and supporting submissions to relevant competition authorities, and coordinates pickups and deliveries.
- Filing: Organises and consistently maintains files according to firm guidelines, including, but not limited to client files, filings with competition authorities, and ongoing cases.
Who You Are
- College degree or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Experience of supporting an Antitrust Practice.
- Expert proficiency with the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) applications.
- Exceptional organisational skills that reflect ability to seamlessly perform and prioritise multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external Partners, Attorneys, staff and clients.
- Strong ability to communicate both orally and in written communications effectively and accurately.
- Flexible to work additional hours occasionally when needed.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A