This Jobsfunter Listing is about GoCardless in England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
We’re a global leader in account-to-account payments, making it easy for merchants to collect both recurring and one-off payments directly from customers’ bank accounts. Our global payments network and technology platform take the pain out of getting paid for 65,000 businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses. Each year we process US$20 billion of payments across more than 30 countries. We’re headquartered in the UK, with additional offices in Australia, France, Germany and the United States.
The KYC & Screening team is a part of the wider Compliance Operations team here at GoCardless where we have two key areas of focus:
- Customer onboarding! We ensure that our local and global KYC (Know your Customer) requirements are met whilst making sure new and existing customers have a seamless experience.
- Stopping bad actors! We really care about our regulatory and moral obligation to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, we want to ensure that we’re catching those that we believe are misusing the GoCardless platform.
We care about customer experience, speed and quality. We have challenging KPIs that we work hard to deliver against, and growing markets to serve as GoCardless expands across the globe.
- This is a UK based remote role
- Hours will be from 23:00 – 08.00 am Sunday to Friday (starting at 23:00 on Sunday and finishing at 08:00 on Friday)
- Some small changes to hours may be required on occasion to join calls and training sessions
- The role will support all of GoCardless’ customers but will have a priority focus on customers from the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering end to end KYC reviews on GoCardless customers
- Conducting EDD on high-risk customers
- Conducting assessments on customers. You’ll need to review and assess potential money laundering, reputational and financial risks
- Performing PEPs, Sanction and Adverse Media screening
- Collaborating with Sales and Customer Success to ensure account verification is seamless and bottlenecks are quickly resolved
- Reviewing commercial pipelines so that potential blockers are quickly identified and action is taken to resolve these
- Supporting customers through various channels ensuring delivery of a world-class onboarding experience
- Supporting commercial teams with deals that may require more bespoke solutions and providing training where necessary
- Working on projects to improve the customer experience and enable further scaling of the team
What we’re looking for:
- You have compliance (AML/KYC) experience working in a similar role where you’ve had exposure to onboarding complex group structures and a variety of entity types across multiple geographies
- You’re curious and need to understand how everything fits together. If someone can’t tell you the answer, you’ll find a way to figure it out
- You must have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- You take pride in having strong attention to detail and always see tasks through to completion
- You’re proactive, can pre-empt issues and you have the ability to keep calm under pressure
- You understand the importance of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing
- Equally, you’re passionate about balancing AML requirements with a great customer experience, explaining our requirements effectively
- You have flawless written and verbal communication skills and are happy to support customers via email or over the phone
- You’re comfortable working with internal stakeholders at all levels, upholding our core compliance requirements with a problem-solving approach
Life at GoCardless
When it comes to culture, we’re proud of what we call the ‘GC magic’. It’s primarily defined by our values: Start With Why, Be Humble, Act with Integrity, and Care Deeply. They’ve been our bedrock since day one, and they continue to be one of the key factors of our success, and the reason we love showing up to work every day.
Because we’re now delivering on our important, and ambitious vision to become the world’s account-to-account payment network, we’re working at pace. To help clear the path to success – so any obstacles and blockers don’t slow us down – we’ve introduced our own set of operating principles, which live alongside our values. They’re designed to help us successfully navigate our continued growth by helping us work together better. They provide guideposts around some of the key areas of how we operate so things are smoother, easier and ultimately lead to better outcomes. Read more about our values and operating principles here.
There’s lots more to the magic. We view Diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, so we have a leader whose role it is to ensure we create an inclusive workplace where people from all backgrounds can thrive, and where people from all walks of life want to join us. We also have high engagement with our GeeCee-led ‘employee resource groups’ (such as BEAM, Inspiring, Pride, and Access) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team. You can view our latest Gender Pay Gap report here.
We’re also rolling out our ‘Adaptive Working’ and ‘Work Away’ schemes. Adaptive Working will allow you to work flexibly, and in a way that fits around your lifestyle, whilst still ensuring teams can collaborate effectively and get together and socialise. It comprises three components: days in the office, remote working, and a thoughtful environment. Work Away gives the flexibility to work away from your normal place of work for up to 90 days in any 12 month period.
We also offer enhanced parental leave, pension packages, and you’ll receive equity. Having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody – regardless of their role – can make a valuable contribution.
There’s also our legendary ‘GC Fridays’. They’re four additional all-company days off every year, giving GeeCees a chance to switch off and relax, as a token of thanks for everyone’s hard work and commitment.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A