This Jobsfunter Listing is about GoCardless in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
We’re a global leader in account-to-account payments, making it easy for merchants to collect both recurring and one-off payments directly from customer’s bank accounts. Our global payments network and technology platform take the pain out of getting paid for 65,000 businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses. Each year we process US$20 billion of payments across more than 30 countries. We’re headquartered in the UK, with additional offices in Australia, France, Germany and the United States.
We’re looking for a bright and empathic Complaints Handler to join our team.
We pride ourselves on listening to our users and doing everything we can to solve their problems. We know sometimes things do not always go as we expect and as such we are looking for a complaints handler who is a great problem solver, investigator and has excellent communication skills. You’ll work as part of a wider team of around 30 who work with our UK, European, Australian, and North American merchants to solve tough problems and provide world-class service. You’ll work as a part of our Customer Success Group leading on complaint handling across the business.
Key responsibilities within the role:
- Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with complainants via phone and email
- De-escalating difficult customer situations
- Ensuring a thorough investigation process has been completed in order to provide an adequate response to the complainant
- Responding to all incoming complaints and escalating to the next stage where necessary
- Take full responsibility for complaints once received adhering to our internal complaints policy and FCA regulations
- Provide high-level responses to complaints
- Responsibility for the complaints inbox, ensuring all details of the complaint are recorded correctly to meet high reporting standards
- Cross-collaboration to manage and improve our service standards and processes
- You are passionate about solving issues and getting the best outcome possible
- Complaints handling experience in an FCA regulated company would be ideal
- You have excellent communication skills
- You’re a leader and a teacher
- You love solving problems and can adapt quickly to change
- You love taking ownership and are highly proactive
- You have heaps of initiative, enthusiasm, and patience
- You make smart choices, and prioritise well
- You are a true advocate for customers
Life at GoCardless
When it comes to culture, we’re proud of what we call the ‘GC magic’. It’s primarily defined by our values: Start With Why, Be Humble, Act with Integrity, and Care Deeply. They’ve been our bedrock since day one, and they continue to be one of the key factors of our success, and the reason we love showing up to work every day.
Because we’re now delivering on our important, and ambitious vision to become the world’s account-to-account payment network, we’re working at pace. To help clear the path to success – so any obstacles and blockers don’t slow us down – we’ve introduced our own set of operating principles, which live alongside our values. They’re designed to help us successfully navigate our continued growth by helping us work together better. They provide guideposts around some of the key areas of how we operate so things are smoother, easier and ultimately lead to better outcomes. Read more about our values and operating principles here.
There’s lots more to the magic. We view Diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, so we have a leader whose role it is to ensure we create an inclusive workplace where people from all backgrounds can thrive, and where people from all walks of life want to join us. We also have high engagement with our GeeCee-led ’employee resource groups’ (such as BEAM, Inspiring, Pride, and Access) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team. You can view our latest Gender Pay Gap report here.
We’re also rolling out our ‘Adaptive Working’ and ‘Work Way’ schemes. Adaptive Working will allow you to work flexibly, and in a way that fits around your lifestyle, whilst still ensuring teams can collaborate effectively and get together and socialise. It comprises three components: days in the office, remote working, and a thoughtful environment. Work Away gives the flexibility to work away from your normal place of work for up to 90 days in any 12 month period.
We also offer enhanced parental leave, pension packages, and you’ll receive equity. Having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody – regardless of their role – can make a valuable contribution.
There’s also our legendary ‘GC Fridays’. They’re four additional all-company days off every year, giving GeeCees a chance to switch off and relax, as a token of thanks for everyone’s hard work and commitment.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A