This Jobsfunter Listing is about GoCardless in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
We’re a global leader in account-to-account payments, making it easy for merchants to collect both recurring and one-off payments directly from customer’s bank accounts. Our global payments network and technology platform take the pain out of getting paid for 65,000 businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses. Each year we process US$20 billion of payments across more than 30 countries. We’re headquartered in the UK, with additional offices in Australia, France, Germany and the United States.
Intro to Compliance Operations
Compliance Operations at GoCardless has two key focuses:
- Customer onboarding. We ensure that we meet all our KYC (know your customer) requirements while giving our clients the best possible onboarding experience.
- Stopping the bad guys. We really care about our regulatory and moral obligation to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, we want to ensure that we catch and close down anyone we believe is misusing the GoCardless system.
Your mission is to ensure that GoCardless customers receive a great onboarding experience while ensuring anti-financial crime processes are being followed to the letter. To achieve this, you’ll work closely with our team leads to ensure ongoing training and feedback is provided across the team.
You’ll be performing quality assurance at two levels, across a range of tasks, ensuring:
- Every customer that goes through our KYC flow has a great experience
- Our operational compliance processes are being followed (KYC, screening, AML checks) in line with expectations
- You’ll put in place systems and processes that make quality assurance efficient and scalable for you and team leads
- You’ll perform analysis on data to find trends and then own the actions to drive improvements. This will be through making changes or providing training yourself, or lobbying the relevant teams to make the required changes
- You’ll manage the relationship between critical Stakeholders and the teams with regards to team quality, aligning on common standards
- You’ll build out, improve, and document our internal processes
- You’ll conduct the QA checks across a range of Compliance Ops tasks and provide feedback and training to relevant stakeholders
- You’ll produce quality and present assurances reports to senior internal and external stakeholders, deep-diving into different topics regularly
- You’re a self-starter and can drive your roadmap with limited guidance and supervision
- You can switch between looking at strategic level decisions (how do we implement a QA framework?) to rolling your sleeves up and getting into the detail (performing quality assurance on emails and checks)
- You have an AML/KYC background with hands-on experience in performing quality checks and reviews
- You are well organised and can track issues to closure
- Experience in working with data to make informed decisions
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Great stakeholder management skills
- You’re an expert in providing feedback/training to individuals and teams
Life at GoCardless
When it comes to culture, we’re proud of what we call the ‘GC magic’. It’s primarily defined by our values: Start With Why, Be Humble, Act with Integrity, and Care Deeply. They’ve been our bedrock since day one, and they continue to be one of the key factors of our success, and the reason we love showing up to work every day.
Because we’re now delivering on our important, and ambitious vision to become the world’s account-to-account payment network, we’re working at pace. To help clear the path to success – so any obstacles and blockers don’t slow us down – we’ve introduced our own set of operating principles, which live alongside our values. They’re designed to help us successfully navigate our continued growth by helping us work together better. They provide guideposts around some of the key areas of how we operate so things are smoother, easier and ultimately lead to better outcomes. Read more about our values and operating principles here.
There’s lots more to the magic. We view Diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, so we have a leader whose role it is to ensure we create an inclusive workplace where people from all backgrounds can thrive, and where people from all walks of life want to join us. We also have high engagement with our GeeCee-led ’employee resource groups’ (such as BEAM, Inspiring, Pride, and Access) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team. You can view our latest Gender Pay Gap report here.
We’re also rolling out our ‘Adaptive Working’ and ‘Work Way’ schemes. Adaptive Working will allow you to work flexibly, and in a way that fits around your lifestyle, whilst still ensuring teams can collaborate effectively and get together and socialise. It comprises three components: days in the office, remote working, and a thoughtful environment. Work Away gives the flexibility to work away from your normal place of work for up to 90 days in any 12 month period.
We also offer enhanced parental leave, pension packages, and you’ll receive equity. Having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody – regardless of their role – can make a valuable contribution.
There’s also our legendary ‘GC Fridays’. They’re four additional all-company days off every year, giving GeeCees a chance to switch off and relax, as a token of thanks for everyone’s hard work and commitment.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A