Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Girlboss in Greater Toronto Area, Canada 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
Location: Remote, Canada/US
Girlboss is a community of ambitious women and your navigator for the future of work. We’re here to spark the thrill of possibility, to inspire and inform, so that you can find success on your terms.
As a modern media brand, Girlboss creates engaging, resonant content for our audience of 2M+ across multiple channels. These include our website, where we post long-reads, how-tos and profiles, and Girlboss Daily, our must-read morning newsletter. Girlboss Radio is our iconic podcast, which brings listeners career advice they can actually use, via conversations between new host, Avery Francis, and an impressive roster of guests. We also engage our community through Girlboss Goods, a marketplace of products by women-founded small businesses as well and Girlboss Jobs, a job board of dream postings to help our community level up.
We believe in transparency and feedback, taking extreme ownership, being positive problem solvers, infinite learners, under-promising and over-delivering and having fun along the way.
Girlboss is powered by a small and mighty fully remote global team.
We are looking for a leader, partner and operator to shepherd best-in-class operating efficiency as we enter our next phase of hyper growth and build the future of Girlboss together. The VP of Operations at Girlboss will lead all day to day operations, growth and the Finance and Operations function.
We are looking for a proactive and people oriented leader who can lead growth in all parts of the business and make a material impact. We’re seeking a scrappy and decisive operator who’s excited to use their skills towards accomplishing our mission and is aligned with our core values. Most importantly — this individual is resilient, humble, positive and sees challenges and inefficiencies as opportunities for growth.
- Own the day-to-day operational management of the business, exceeding goals and driving excellence across all areas.
- Own all processes and continuously improve them
- Own FP&A, and accounting functions – holding the business accountable exceed financial plans
- Close oversight of Finance & Operations function
- Drive the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, and growth goals and objectives.
- Attract A Players and build a best in class team
- Own the strategic planning processes—including org planning and alignment—with inputs from key stakeholders, sharing the strategy with the team and updating as necessary.
- Create and implement annual and quarterly goal-setting processes and reviews across the organization.
- Relentlessly evangelize the Girlboss mission and vision to clients, internal and external stakeholders, and the greater business community.
- Managed a P&L of $3M (revenue) +.
- Analytical, intelligent & strong financial acumen: data & process driven.
- Driven and goal oriented – incentivized by variable & growth.
- Ability to thrive in building a sustainable and profitable business (vs. VC backed “to the moon” growth).
- People oriented leader: extensive experience managing/leading a dream team & culture.
- Scrappy and proactive leader willing to get their hands dirty – willing to step into the role of whatever the business needs even if the role is “below them”, and ability to execute & integrate with excellence.
- Positive attitude:
- seeing inefficiencies and challenges as possibilities for greatness/growth
- grit & resilience to go through hard things
- avoids toxicity/drama like the plague
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fully remote environment.
- Previous experience working in media (newsletter, podcast etc.) is a strong asset.
- Embodies our core values and can drive our mission forward with integrity.
Competitive pay: base, bonus, profit sharing & stock options
Home Office & Productivity
- Flexible remote culture with opportunity for asynchronous operations with the ability to work in the time zone of your choice, anywhere in the world
- Generous stipend to help create your perfect work from anywhere setup
- Support for training & conferences
- Enthusiastic encouragement of power naps & breaks during the work day
- Audible coverage
Culture & Community
- Monthly team activities (Lunch & Learns, AMAs, Socials and Book Club)
- Birthday, Anniversary, Life Celebrations – we’ll celebrate your milestones. You’ll also get the day off on your birthday.
- Quarterly In-person team socials
- 3 additional paid days off per year to volunteer for a cause of your choosing
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Lots of fun free merch
- 5-week sabbatical after 4 years on staff
Health & Wellness
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Unlimited sick days (we support menstrual leave as well!)
- 5 annual personal days
- Annual team holiday shutdown (paid, fully offline between Christmas and New Years)
- Benefits may vary depending on the geographical location where you work.
Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on legally protected classes in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws including ethnic origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity/gender expression. For any accessibility-related assistance, please share in your application.
We thank you for considering this opportunity and thank everyone who took the time to apply. Please note that due to the high level of applicants only successful applicants will be notified. We appreciate your patience as we review all applications.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A