Website Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts in Waltham, MA 2022
About the job
Note: This role will service parts of Essex and Merrimack Counties, MA.
Are you mission-driven and looking to grow your career? Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (“GSEMA”) has the employment opportunity for you!
In this full-time, entry-level, hybrid-based, Membership Recruitment Specialist role, you will leverage relationship-building skills to build awareness of the Girl Scout Movement to reach and recruit new girl and adult members.
Reporting to the Director of Membership Recruitment, the results-driven and sales-oriented Membership Recruitment Specialist is responsible for developing and executing recruitment strategies in the parts of Merrimack and Essex County, MA.
The Membership Recruitment Specialist will leverage work to reach membership goals and is responsible for securing community partnerships to support new member recruitment campaigns, and adult volunteer and girl participation, through multiple pathways in order to implement Girl Scouting in GSEMA’s service area.
- Utilize knowledge of social media platforms to develop online marketing campaigns to effectively promote recruitment events, and council initiatives. Create and facilitate online LIVE recruitment campaigns through use of social media platforms or video conferencing technologies.
- Create membership campaigns; facilitate and attend recruitment events within and outside of region to sell Girl Scouting opportunities year-round.
- Design and implement a comprehensive plan for new girl and adult membership growth in targeted areas by researching market data membership trends, and other pertinent information.
- Recruit new girl and adult members to grow membership within region through recruitment tactics which includes recruitment and community events, community outreach & troop formation meetings to form new troops.
- Recruit adult volunteers to key leadership positions within a troop. Help to recruit volunteers within a community to help support recruitment efforts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or work experience in membership sales, community organizing, sales, or other relevant/transferable experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software; adept at utilizing social networking; experience using Salesforce or demonstrated ability to learn and become proficient with new technology.
- Familiarity with digital marketing promotions online groups and pages, parenting blogs, and event calendars.
- Strong public relations skills and ability to develop community collaborations; able to relate well to both adults and children.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, and be willing to travel throughout the council service area
- Requires transporting supplies to a variety of partners; ability to lift and manipulate up to 15 pounds.
Work Environment: Mobilized/hybrid work arrangement with work from home, at designated GSEMA service centers, in communities served, and at designated GSEMA properties as needed.
- Ability to lift and manipulate up to 15 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May involve prolonged periods of sitting or working on a computer.
Travel 90% within a designated region and 10% outside the region. Must have access to reliable transportation to travel to GSEMA offices/service centers and across the Council service area as needed. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to motor vehicle is preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts offers a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, training opportunities, and much more.
When applying, along with your resume, please include a cover letter with salary expectations.
About Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
For over 100 years, Girl Scouts has empowered girls to lead, break barriers, and create positive change. Girl Scouts’ powerful all-girl space fosters collaboration over competition, and inspires girls to go beyond dreaming to actual doing. We offer amazing opportunities for forward-thinking, talented individuals who share our vision of helping girls and young women change the world for the better. Join our team of dedicated professionals and make a difference in girls’ lives! To learn more about our Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts, visit www.gsema.org.
Commitment to Health and Safety: COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
At Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts, the physical and emotional safety of our Girl Scouts, our families, our volunteers, and our staff is our highest priority. We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to embody the Girl Scout Promise and Law, require us to be considerate and caring, courageous, and strong, responsible for what we say and do, respectful of ourselves and others, respectful of authority and act as a sister to every Girl Scout.
As part of GSEMA’s commitment to health and safety, all employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 per GSEMA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. GSEMA will consider exemption requests from individuals with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer
At Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts, we strive to create transformative learning experiences and leadership opportunities for all girls. The threads of diversity and inclusion are woven tightly into our mission of supporting and nurturing girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
We hold firm in our belief that a culture of diversity and inclusion promotes unity, creates personal and professional growth opportunities for our employees, and supports safety and transformation for our volunteers and girls of all backgrounds.
Diversity and inclusion is more than an initiative; it is a set of shared values that defines the fabric of our mission.
Company: Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Waltham, MA
Application Deadline: N/A