Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under GeoVerra in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
You + GeoVerra
Our new Survey Assistant, located in Lloydminster must be passionate about spending time in the field. Whether you have a technical background or love exploring every nook and cranny outside, you should have an unquenchable thirst for seeing and doing it all.
This position requires a quick and engaged learner, with proven success in adaptability, productivity and high physical capabilities. Ideally, you are organized and highly collaborative, with strong communication skills and an infectious positivity that encourages this attitude in all team members. You will have a strong handle on equipment and field tools, with a healthy respect for the outdoors and the timeline of the task at hand.
- Arrive at work on time and prepared for the task and shift assigned by the Coordinator
- Support a positive and professional team atmosphere and acts as a positive ambassador for the company in all situations where there is contact with the public, our clients or potential clients and project contractors.
- Assist with various tasks including but not limited to organization and housekeeping of tools, equipment and materials at project sites, office and in crew vehicles.
- Assist the Crew Chief in achieving project timelines and deliverables.
- Participate proactively in completing required internal and external safety training and practicing competent operation of all types of survey related equipment and vehicles required for the task at hand.
- Adhere to the safety requirements of the client, OH&S and the GeoVerra Safety program on all projects.
- Participate in Emergency Response Planning, Hazard Assessment, Job Safety Analysis development, daily tailgate meetings and complies with all safety activities identified.
Required Skills And Behaviours
- Diploma or Degree in Geomatics Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, or related discipline preferred not required.
- Previous experience in Surveying or other related types of work involving the outdoors.
- Ability to take direction and communicate effectively.
- An understanding of survey methodologies is considered an asset.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly for the client, project, and GeoVerra requirements and to respond to situations that occur outside traditional working hours.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and can provide a clean driver’s abstract;
- Completed training and valid tickets in First Aid, H2S and CSTS safety training, is an asset.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as per the limits provided in the Canadian Model for Providing a Safe Workplace
Full time, beginning immediately
Powered by JazzHR
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A