This Jobsfunter Listing is about GenUI in Seattle, WA 2022
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
GenUI is a Seattle-based software development and tech commercialization firm. We collaborate with industry and thought leaders to bring innovative software products to market. Our team is a diverse collection of experts in product, mobile, web and cloud solutions. We believe “the future will be built together.”
Chosen in 2020 as one of Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in America, and rated as one of the best places to work in Glassdoor. We’ve also been recognized with Apple’s ‘Best of the Year’, TIME Magazine’s ‘App of the Week’, Gizmodo’s ‘App of the Day’, Sabre’s Red Appy ‘Best App’, not to mention features in Fortune, Wired, Fast Company, The Washington Post, Bloomberg, and more.
About the Position:
We are looking for an excellent, experienced Senior Accountant to support our growing company. The Senior Accountant will report to the CFO and lead the accounting function. You will be responsible for all accounting services, preparation of financial statements, and identifying and implementing process improvements to ensure timeliness, accuracy, and excellent internal customer service across the board. This role may may work remotely 3 to 4 days a week.
- Payroll & benefits operations and accounting
- Customer invoicing & collections
- Vendor set up & management
- AP/AR operations & accounting
- Employee expense accounting & reimbursement
- Bank & card account reconciliations
- Month- end balance sheet reconciliations
- Partner with CFO on month-end close and preparation of financial reports
- File state and local taxes as needed
- Work with outside accounting firm on federal taxes and any audits needed
- Evaluate accounting function (including company financial controls) and recommend best practices and process improvement and drive projects to completion
- Maintain a well-organized financial data and document warehouse
- Create and keep updated documentation of key financial processes
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ Accounting experience is required.
- Professional services company experience desired
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
- Strong analytical, communication and people skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Ability to develop and maintain productive, collaborative relationships through individual work and group meetings.
- High organizational skills and proven ability to execute
- Proficiency using a personal computer for business purposes (esp various spreadsheet and accounting software (QuickBooks or other))
- Initiative-taking and focused on shared success
- Enthusiasm for innovation and technology
GenUI is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Application Deadline: N/A