This Jobsfunter Listing is about GenesisCare in Maidstone, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
At GenesisCare we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about innovation and working together to drive better life outcomes for patients around the world .
We are looking for a bank/casual Chemotherapy Nurse to join the team at our centre based in Maidstone.
As the Chemotherapy Nurse, you are responsible for delivering chemotherapy nursing services to patients within the unit.
What You’ll Do
- Provide specialist nursing advice and support to patients, their families and other healthcare professionals following diagnosis and through all stages of treatment
- Ensure continuity of a high standard of evidence-based nursing care for patients undergoing chemotherapy, assessing health, health related and nursing needs of patients, their families and other carers by identifying and initiating appropriate steps for effective care. This will include: –
- Close liaison with medical consultants
- Ordering diagnostic tests within agreed parameters
- Ensure all patients have an accurate plan of care, which reflects the assessment undertaken and incorporates the issues and recommendations made ensuring clear documentation in the patient’s records
What You’ll Have
Experience and skills:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience in intravenous drug administration
- Experience in chemotherapy administration
- Sufficient post registration nursing experience in oncology or a speciality
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the service (e.g. shift work)
- Ability to work accurately and reliably under pressure
- Ability to make decisions, organise and prioritise
- Evidence of commitment to customer care initiatives
- Experience in delivering chemotherapy and knowledge of infection control
- Experience and competence in blood transfusion and bone marrow biopsies
- Experience within the oncology setting
Qualifications And Knowledge
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical trials management
- Knowledge and understanding of quality issues
- UKONS SACT Passport
- Fully trained and qualified in venepuncture and cannulations and have experience of working with different types of central venous access devices
- UKONs trained and experience in oncology telephone triage.
- Recognition and management of neutropenic sepsis
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience
In line with government requirements, to fulfil the duties of this role you are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 by 1st April 2022, unless exempt for medical reasons. If successful, you will be required to provide evidence of vaccination or Medical exemptions.
What’s In It For You
Do your life’s best work! This is an amazing opportunity for you to join a global oncology specialist, rated in the Top 1% of healthcare providers!
At GenesisCare we’re leading the way in technology and innovation, we’re changing the way patients experience cancer treatment and care. We do the right thing by our patients, our partners and each other. Like the sound of us? We would love to hear from you!
- Make sure your annual leave suits you with 25 days + bank holidays, and the opportunity to buy/ sell annual leave.
- Look after yourself with free private medical and dental cover, as well as access Employee Assistance Programme & Income Protection
- We’ll look after you and your family with free radiotherapy treatment.
- Plan for your future with a competitive Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Join our wellbeing community with access to Babylon Health and Headspace Wellbeing
- Save on your parking costs with free car parking at most of our centres.
- Treat yourself with access to a wide range of retail discounts.
- Join a global employer and open opportunities to work in other countries.
Who We Are
Joining the GenesisCare team means a commitment to seeing and doing things differently. Asking what if and why not? And focused on getting the best possible outcomes for our patients so they can live better for longer.
We are 5500+ highly trained healthcare professionals and support staff across Australia, the U.K., Spain, China and the United States, designing innovative treatments and care for people with cancer and heart disease.
Visit the GenesisCare LinkedIn page to learn more about our culture, values, why we love working here and see what we’ve been getting up to! www.linkedin.com/company/genesiscare/life/
Across the world, we have more than 440+ centres to help us bring the right care to our patients. For radiation therapy, that includes 14 centres in the UK, 21 in Spain, 36 in Australia and 300 in the U.S. We also offer cardiology and sleep services at more than 80 locations across Australia. Every year our team sees more than 400,000 people globally.
People centricity is at the heart of what we do – whether that person is a patient, a referring doctor, a partner, or someone in our team. We aim to build culture of ‘care’ that is patient focused and performance driven. Our people promise is “do your life’s best work, by always growing, having a profound human impact and making great things happen together.”
If you’d like to make a difference, join us at GenesisCare!
GenesisCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GenesisCare does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of GenesisCare. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
GenesisCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Associate
Job Location: Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A