Website General Motors
This Jobsfunter Listing is about General Motors in Austin, TX 2022
About the job
This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.”
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position.
General Motors is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for potential future opportunities as Front End UI/UX Software Engineers. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, if you are interested in learning more about GM, completing this profile will allow us to stay connected.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed, and business value.
About The Front-End UI/UX Software Engineer
As Front-End Software Engineers, we are responsible for new and innovative software development and design of beautiful user interfaces and experiences. Our engineers work in highly collaborative environments working across many subject areas. We regularly work on cutting edge technologies – understanding and inventing new designs and integration patterns along the way. Our engineers will…
- Collaborate with agile teams to deliver high-quality, testable software
- Develop applications and tools by producing clean, efficient code
- Estimate and design work that is just-in-time and sized in small increments
- Perform root cause analysis, do technology evaluations, and develop quick prototypes
- Commit to completing well-defined, secure, and elegant work and deliver on their commitments
- Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Perform Code Reviews
Prospective team members must possess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, the ability to develop strong peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability and focus.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Experience with Agile teams that have delivered software on a regular cadence
- 3+ years software development utilizing industry standard design patterns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- Strong teamwork focus (live by the team, die by the team) and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS, LESS, SCSS
- 2+ years developing 12 factor apps including crafting and implementing Continuous Integration, Build, and Delivery
- 3+ years utilizing platform and infrastructure as a service technologies and capabilities and their corresponding services (object store, configuration management, service registries, etc)
- Experience using Git source control doing rebases, merges, and handling merge conflicts
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us [email protected]. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Austin, TX
Application Deadline: N/A