GPSC Semiconductor Purchasing Specialist Jobs in General Motors Warren, MI
Website General Motors
This Jobsfunter Listing is about General Motors in Warren, MI 2022
About the job
GPSC Semiconductor Purchasing Specialist
Responsible for purchase of a specific semiconductor type such as microcontrollers (MCU), Systems on Chip (SoCs), Memory, & Communication chips. Responsible for development of commodity strategy, sourcing/negotiations, globalegional material budget execution, and interface with suppliers and internal stakeholders. This position requires knowledge of the semiconductor technology, product roadmaps and specific expertise in the procurement of semiconductors and associated manufacturing cost structure. Work is of a complex nature involving a considerable amount of initiative, analytical work and a high level of independent judgment.
Required Critical Skills
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally, both internally and externally and build relationships
- Experience with semiconductors and/or electrical supply base knowledge
- Professional interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gather relevant information systematically by considering a broad range of complex issues
- Proven ability to take decisive action and deliver tangible results in a cross-functional organization
- Developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Preferred Critical Skills
- Knowledge of GM Systems and GM processes
- Knowledge of semiconductor supply chain and manufacturing processes
- Capable of interpreting market data
- Able to read blueprints and to understand basic engineering documents
- Ability to work globally, independently, and self-directed
- Experience moving seamlessly from strategy to execution and deliver tangible results
- Experience influencing, negotiating, building consensus and making key strategic decisions
- Experience working across all layers of the organization, particularly with cross-functional teams, in a fast-paced environment
Additional Job Description
Required Competencies (w/ Proficiency level):
- Negotiation (3-Prominent)
- Communication (3-Prominent)
- Analytical Thinking (3-Prominent)
- Workload Management (3-Prominent)
- Relationship Management (3-Prominent)
- Vendor Management (2-Evident)
- Data Judgment (3-Prominent)
- Project Execution (3-Prominent)
- ECM / E-Squared
- MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Power BI)
- Semiconductor/ Chip/ Microprocessor industry experience either through a Tier 1 supplier, Semiconductor Supplier, or OEM/ Consumer Electronics company – 1-3 Years
- Supply Chain/ Purchasing – 4-6 Years
- Project Execution – 1-3 Years
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Technical Discipline; MBA preferred
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us [email protected]. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Warren, MI
Application Deadline: N/A