Lead Developer – Infrastructure as a Service Job in General Motors Chandler, AZ
Website General Motors
This Jobsfunter Listing is about General Motors in Chandler, AZ 2022
About the job
This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
The position is responsible for developing and testing various software types using repeatable industry best practices and in accordance with GM’s software development project methodology. The software engineer will work hands-on designing and writing code that integrates with multiple technologies. Software developers will specialize in multiple development of software packaging and coding languages. Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new applications and software to address business requirements.
This role will contribute to all development activities including design, coding, testing, certification, documentation, and deployment. The software engineer should have a strong interest in platforms and infrastructure.
This role will involve a great deal of creativity and initiative.
- Demonstrate success in software project delivery, as well as experience in leading technical efforts in developing software using a variety of tools, languages, frameworks and technologies.
- Demonstrate mastery of many programming languages, tools and/or technologies.
- Assessment/improvement, performance tuning, usability.
- Aggressively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues related to code or solutions quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks and software usability or end user related issues.
- Integrate software with existing software/systems/infrastructure.
- Automates unit/end-to-end testing of software systems within their domain, focused on software quality and maintainability.
- Strong Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems. Consistently engage in the remediation of software issues related to code/solutions quality and/or security.
- Provides guidance and mentoring of fellow software developers and other team members.
- Possess technical writing knowledge around system design specification and user documentation of software systems and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards.
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and builds a winning culture.
Additional Job Description
- Minimum 7 years of professional software development experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing cloud native applications
- Excellent technical knowledge of Python, Django, Ruby, Java and Angular
- Advanced knowledge and skill in configuration management
- Demonstrates strong experience/knowledge of cloud native application design and development
- Good understanding of software development best practices
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of operating systems, virtualization, containerization, and infrastructure
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Chandler, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A