HR Project Manager – Immigration Vacancies in General Atomics San Diego, CA
Website General Atomics
This Jobsfunter Listing is about General Atomics in San Diego, CA 2022
About the job
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Project Manager to focus on projects relating to immigration. This person will work out of our Torrey Pines location.
With limited direction, develops, provides analysis, implements and administers various programs including, but not limited to, General Atomics’ immigration programs and various compensation related programs and initiatives. In addition, the incumbent coordinates the work of various cross-functional teams scheduling meetings and tracking progress of assigned projects by measuring and reporting on activities that bring distinct, specific projects to completion both on time and within budget.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provides advice and consultations to internal stakeholders regarding the company’s immigration policies and practices.
- Partners with the Global Mobility Administrator to gather required information and complete Visa applications for processing.
- Provides ongoing analysis of the company’s immigration programs to ensure that it is cost effective while providing the beneficiaries the best possible experience.
- Aligns with the Legal Department on the messaging provided to internal customers and our supplier partners.
- Partners with the Legal Department to initiate contact with outside counsel and internal stakeholders to facilitate immigration status applications and employment authorization for employees and candidates.
- Develops and maintains internal communications outlining the company’s immigration policies and procedures.
- Serves as the primary source of information regarding employee or management questions regarding the company’s immigration programs.
- Works closely with the Global Mobility Project Manager and Director of Benefits to align benefits and offerings to our Expat local national population.
- Partners with the Global Mobility RMC to manage expenses, and Expat assignment details as well as the mobility functions for inbound and outbound employees.
- Partners with the Global Mobility Administrator to support Expat assignments and programs, local nationals, as well as manage immigration programs for inbound and outbound candidates.
- Leads immigration and supports compensation of local nationals outside the US.
- Subject Manager Expert comfortable with recommending best practices for an immigration program.
- Requires knowledge of expat workflow and processes from pre-deployment to repatriation.
- Provides analysis on, and administration of, the company’s domestic and international compensation programs including acting as the primary point of contact for international compensation programs for the compensation team and line management.
- Evaluates, develops and/or participates in international compensation surveys to analyze company’s competitive position in the markets the company operates in outside of the United States.
- Collaborates with the compensation team in developing recommendations to add new jobs, provide benchmarking on new and existing jobs, adjustment salary structures and development of salary increase budgets outside of the United States.
- Prepares special studies and makes recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans or sales compensation.
- Ensures company compliance with federal, state and local laws governing immigration, compensation and general HR practices.
- Coordinates the activities of various project teams and working groups by developing, maintaining, and reporting out on the progress of, project plans.
- Advises project stakeholders and management of ongoing cost of a project and the status of work currently being conducted.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Requires strong analytical, influencing, and communication skills in order to build business cases to support proposals, exception processing and other changes.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources or a related discipline and ten or more years of progressive professional experience in a corporate Human Resources department.
- May substitute a certificate in human resources or project management from a recognized organization and equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates a technical expertise and application of human resource principles, theories, concepts and practices, with the ability to organize, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must be customer focused and possess the following:
- The ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex matters of diverse scope and nature.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external parties.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- The ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects.
- The ability to represent the company on external projects.
- Advanced computer and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Senior (8+ years)
Travel Percentage Required
0% – 25%
Relocation Assistance Provided?
US Citizenship Required?
The General Atomics(GA) group of companies is a world renowned leader in developing high – technology systems ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to electromagnetic systems; remotely operated surveillance aircraft; airborne sensors; advanced electronic, wireless, and laser technologies; and biofuels. We offer an excellent opportunity to realize your full potential and fulfill your career aspirations.Join the GA Team where you can make a difference! Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Company: General Atomics
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Application Deadline: N/A