Account Specialist Job in GAF Parsippany, NJ
This Jobsfunter Listing is about GAF in Parsippany, NJ 2022
About the job
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
Provide the highest level of account management to internal and external GAF customers withrespect to all aspects of the Commercial order process including order placement, order management, Jobsite planning, customer and plant follow-up. Maintain solid interdepartmental and customer relationships by addressing questions and concerns with efficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Point of contact for assigned commercial business accounts in regards to managing allaspects of the order management process. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Gathers and analyze data in order to process orders and maintain/update existing orders in a timely manner to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Provide real-time status information regarding orders to internal and external customers
- Managing a high volume of communication via emails and calls from customers as well as other departments quickly and accurately
- Ensuring orders are error-free
- Communicating product or procedure changes to the applicable party
- Communicate alternative choices to customers and sales personnel when the product isunavailable. Provide supporting information by educating customers on products oralternative choices.
- Develop and present internal and external departments with order information and reports asnecessary or upon request.
- Liaison between Customer, Sales, Supply Chain and Plants to ensure all customer/productissues are addressed in a timely manner
- Follow through to ensure customer satisfaction, including but is not limited to, makingoutbound calls and sending emails with regards to the following:
- Scheduled ship date changes
- Delayed shipments
- Customer pick-ups
- Jobsite order follow up
- Provide alternate product options to customers to improve scheduled ship date
- Maintain training on all products and processes; attend training sessions as required.
- Maintain proper customer contact information including email, fax, phone, and contact name, as well as all special delivery instructions, receiving capacity, or product restrictions in themaster memo.
- Process all Returned Material Requests (RMA’s) according to policy; communicate with allnecessary individuals to assure timely pick up of material.
- Assist with special projects as needed and perform overtime as needed.
- Actively participate in the Customer Care Alternative Workplace and Laptop Programs toensure business continuity at all times.
Level Based Competencies
- Ability to interpret company strategic goals and initiatives
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Solves Complex Problems
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Planning & Organizing
- Decision Making
- Follow Up
- Advanced telephone techniques
- Advanced ability to navigate a computer system
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office and Google Suites
- Intermediate math skills – The ability to convert one unit of measure utilizing a conversionchart
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening skills with an ability to fully understand the complexity of a problem andthe ability to offer good solutions by providing a high level of customer satisfaction
- Advanced ability to multitask
- The ability to work effectively with a team, develop workflows and processes to help improveperformance is an essential requirement.
- Ability to manage and organize information from various channels such as phone, email, andEDI
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced problem solving and creating thinking skills
- Advanced time management skills
- Advanced follow-through skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years related Customer Service experience
- Inbound/Outbound phone experience
- Order Entry experience
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – Protect what matters most.As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all candidates and employees in this position. Proof of vaccination is required. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, GAF will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable state and federal law.We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Application Deadline: N/A