This Jobsfunter Listing is about FLEETCOR in Portland, OR 2022
About the job
The Technical Support Specialist I assists in the payment automation process through daily interaction with customers using our products. This position’s primary duties are assisting with posting and processing payments. Regular duties include product installation and training, detailed payment resolution support and providing testing and development assistance with new and existing integrations. This highly visible position requires strong phone and customer service skills and a high level of proactive problem solving and follow through.
- Serve as primary point of contact for managing customer software support by phone and email. Troubleshoot, answer questions and explain technical problems, issues and solutions succinctly , patiently and clearly.
- Product installation and customer training.
- Quality assurance testing and support of critical accounting system integrations.
- Partner with other technical support representatives to identify opportunities and solutions.
- Communicate with various departments internally to ensure an integrated approach to the customer relationship.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regard to the position and programs.
- Provide guidance and support as needed to Payment Support staff.
- Perform miscellaneous project and duties as assigned.
- College coursework or equivalent experience; college degree preferred.
- Accounting software experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills required, including at least intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Knowledge of Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Technology— Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and data driven tools. Ability to learn Nvoicepay’s systems and software. Use of database products, CRM software (Salesforce), ticketing software (Zendesk), fax and phone systems.
- Active Listening and Speaking — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Talking to others to convey information and procedures effectively.
- Critical Thinking and Persuasion— Using logic and reasoning to recognize details of situations, identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Persuading others to change their minds or behavior or to try new approaches. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Service Orientation and Social Perceptiveness— Actively looking for ways to help people while being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Administrative — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records in a database, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs. Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Time and Task Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- People and Inclusion — Always striving to drive our business forward by positive and direct communication, collaboration, respect, acceptance and professionalism. Understanding how to give and receive feedback, manage conflict positively and work productively with others to solve problems.
- Job is focused on specific area of business with established practices and procedures. Must work with operational timeframes and be flexible to changing priorities.
- Decisions are made within specific operational guidelines. Decisions and service affect department, payments and customers or suppliers.
- Work is checked and supervised daily.
- Job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Contacts are made both inside and outside the organization. Internal contacts include the Payment Support and Boarding teams, leads and managers. External contacts include mainly customers.
- Position requires regular contact with others – in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on problem solving, customer service and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both phone or email and focus on inbound/outbound contact. Headsets are used regularly for phone work.
- Information exchange may include confidential or sensitive information. Customer service and problem solving are primary objectives
- Normal office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer and a telephone. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods.
About The Company
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR Enjoys Global Recognition Including
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking#872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equality, Inclusion, Belonging
We Are Therefore Committed To Building And Nurturing a Culture Of Diversity, Inclusion, And Belonging By
Together we can foster true belonging.We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results.
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
Our Entrepreneurial Spirit Remains Strong Across Our Global Workforce, And We Reinforce These Principles In Our Five Core Values
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results.
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection.We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law.If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency .
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Entry level
Job Location: Portland, OR
Application Deadline: N/A